Lincoln Kennedy Penny Question

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by lilikat, Aug 24, 2005.

1. lilikat

lilikat New Member

I recently found a Lincoln Penny with a profile reproduction of Kennedy looking at Lincoln. It is uncirculated, the penny says 1975. It is on a paper that has coincidences between Kennedy and Lincoln. It also has at the very bottom: "Planters and Stockman Bank, Your Friendly Bank, Full Service Member-FDIC Pocahontas, Ark."
    I don't know anything about it. Is it rare? Is it something I should put up and keep safe? Thank you to anyone who answers this thread.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

The coin itself isn't rare, even with Kennedy counterstamped into it. The fact that it still has the paperwork with it is rlatively uncommon. I'd put it away as something to save, but I'm a packrat too. It has no added numismatic value since as far as coin collectors go, the counterstamp is considered damage, but if you could find someone who collects Arkansas bank memorabilia then you might get something for it.

good luck!

4. mattlackey

mattlackey Junior Member

i had to whole rolls of them and i was selling them for $2 dollars a piece with out the paper

5. playin4funami

playin4funami Junior Member

with paper I've seen them from 1.50 to 3 bucks at coinshops and about 50cents to a dollar without. no numastic value but I have a few counterstamped pennies I keep cause I like them,if for no other reason.

Draft saved Draft deleted