Lincoln D/D cent

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jason1367, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Hey folks,
    Was just going through my Lincoln collection and came across a coin I totally forgot about. Its a Lincoln 1960-D over D. I was looking in the red book and the only error is the D over D with the date over date. The one I have, I cant see a double date but there is a definitely D over D. I was also looking and seen there was a couple types of this error. My coin has the d west of the new mintmark. Im not exactly sure how much its worth. The coin is in VF condition. I would like to post a pic but theres no way I can take a pic that close to capture the mint mark. (my camera sucks).
    But I know errors can be highly collectable to some. With that being said, can anyone give me a possible answer as to its worth and how rare it might be?
    Thanks-
    -Jason

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

pics would be nice. :blackalien:

Seattlite86 likes this.
  4. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

ill try. nut I don't think I can focus into the mint mark. but ill give it a try

5. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

ok well this is the best I can do with the camera I have.

Attached Files:

• p.jpg
      p.jpg
      File size:
      40.6 KB
      Views:
    • p1.jpg
      p1.jpg
      File size:
      42.4 KB
      Views:
    • p2.jpg
      p2.jpg
      File size:
      39.3 KB
      Views:
  6. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

No shot to tell with the images provided. Does the camera have a macro (little flower) setting? The pics are too blurry.

tommyc03 likes this.
  7. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

im not sure. let me take a look.

8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Do you have a flat bed scanner? I use mine, at least until I get my scope, and set the resolution (pixel size) to about 1200mp, crop the coin as small as I can, scan and then check on my photo viewer. If it comes out good, then I post. It's worth a try. Might take a few times to figure out the settings, etc.

9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

10. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

I took 2 more. they are not much better sorry.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      19.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      17.1 KB
      Views:
  11. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

ok tommy thanks. ill try messing around with it. I don't have a scanner but let me see if I can find a program to mess with it. and thanks gem illtake a look

12. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

yea.. I cant seem to be able to mess with the pics. Ill see about going up my uncles and using his computer. I believe he has software that can mess with the pics and settings

13. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

coppercoins lists 192 different re punched mint marks (D over D) for 1960

14. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Im gonna check it out. Id theres 192 different punches does that mean they are very common? This one is a shodow "D" to the left of the new punched "d"

15. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

www.briansvarietycoins.com has a whole lot of RPM's and OMM's with pictures. I'm not advertising for the guy but I find his site useful.

16. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Thanks tommy.!! ill check it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted