Lincoln Cent - Looks like a Steel Penny. 1982

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Yooper14, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Shannan Stearns

Shannan Stearns New Member

I also have the 82 near mint. Its metal. Also have the bronz 82 copper 82 i have done the dropl test and maybe i need hearing.test as for the silver 82 whats a value

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Have you tried the reading test? You do realize that this thread started in 2009, don't you?

Chris;);););)

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

What's brown and sounds like a bell
    ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................dung

5. Kline

Kline New Member

Well there seems to be more of them i have 82 cent same as you

6. 1982Dzinkpenny

1982Dzinkpenny New Member

I'v got the same penny also.

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Read the thread, pay special attention to posts 3, 13, and 14.

8. Segusto

Segusto New Member

I have seen a few Jeff nickles and a few dimes that were black. Talk to an expert.

9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

The last time Yooper posted was in 2009. This is what is called a nekropost.

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Looks like the copper coating was removed. That coin is Zinc.

11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That is called Environmental Damage :yack:

Kentucky likes this.
  12. Karlkbreallyidk

Karlkbreallyidk New Member

Very interesting because I just found one also which is a 1982 and it does not appear to have any copper coloring at all and it feels too light to even be a zinc way too light to be a zinc Google update with weights and pictures here also this is kind of significant I think unless you guys both put yours back into circulation or all three of you I should say and I happen to find one of them mine is a 1982 D mint mark

13. Karlkbreallyidk

Karlkbreallyidk New Member

Very interesting because I just found one also which is a 1982 and it does not appear to have any copper coloring at all and it feels too light to even be a zinc way too light to be a zinc Google update with weights and pictures here also this is kind of significant I think unless you guys both put yours back into circulation or all three of you I should say and I happen to find one of them mine is a 1982 D mint mark

14. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Read the thread, pay special attention to posts 3, 13, and 14.

Also. Pictures are needed or your Cent doesn't exist. Try to start a new separate unique thread. This one is from 2009 and most of the members shown are no longer on CoinTalk.

Welcome to Cointalk

15. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hello and Welcome!

Draft saved Draft deleted