Like the Twilight Zone

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by panzerman, Jan 27, 2021.

1. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I had a Umayyad AV Solidus al-Walid selected as my target. Anyway high bid with 5 secs. left was $2250/ so I bid $2700 with 2 sec. came up "winning" I then checked site and found winning bid was $6K??????
    Its like they let the lot go into overtime, or their timer is way off.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. pprp

pprp Well-Known Member

I cliod at 3s (way to say because I won something just 2 steps above the starting price) and it seems the lot did not close immediately but another couple of seconds were added something like extra time. Maybe @Ardatirion could please explain?

Pretty weird prices once again for common coins. The coin I won was extremely rare. In the end I will start questioning my judgement :wideyed:

panzerman likes this.
  4. panzerman

I thought "extra time" was only for World Cup soccer matches.....

Evan Saltis, +VGO.DVCKS and svessien like this.
  5. svessien

svessien Senior Member

No coins for me neither at that auction. There will probably be better days.

panzerman likes this.
  6. panzerman

Seems the Steve Album event was my most successfull auction 4/5, this year.

7. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I will post my win later. I was 1/1 today, (well, was looking at a couple more but looked away when I saw what they were going for 2 hours before close).

However, I have had exactly what you are saying happen to me @panzerman. I got so mad I quit a Vauctions last year because 3 lots in a row I was the winning bidder with 0 seconds left, only to be notified 5 minutes later I was "outbid". I do not mind losing, but cannot stand being shown I won with no seconds left only to have it yanked away from me. That haunted me so much I went back today a few times just to make sure I was still the winner..... Btw, you might like my win panzerman. :)

panzerman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted