Liberty Seated Half Dime Attribution Guide

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Publius2, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

I am familiar with Valentine's work and Al Blythe's work, both available on the Newman Numismatic Portal and also with Clint Cummins' work-in-progress available on-line on the Liberty Seated Collectors Club website.

What is the latest and most complete reference work for this series' attribution? I have a few I have been unable to attribute or am uncertain about them. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

8822FB6F-4B43-4432-99E2-16AD6D86E441.jpeg
    Worth every penny (Cent).

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

There isn't a complete one. Stephen Crain's collection would have been a good basis for such a reference and I believe he was planning on doing one, but since his death his collection has been broken up. All the varieties are on the NNP but no descriptions and in my opinion the images aren't good enough to do variety descriptions from.

6. Publius2

I can't find Kevin's book on eBay or Amazon and don't get a search engine response to the title. Is the book available directly from Mr. Flynn? I tried an old web address I found for him but it isn't working.

I did try some attribution from the photos of Steve Crain's collection but frankly it was impossible.

7. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

https://brooklyngallery.com/0162-04...MItqP3wMyw5gIVET0MCh3eDQv1EAkYASABEgIB8vD_BwE

Nathan401 likes this.
  8. Publius2

You guys are great! I just ordered it.

Ed

Draft saved Draft deleted