Liberty Nickel for the Type Set

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mark_h, Sep 28, 2026 at 8:19 PM.

  1. mark_h

    mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

    So just for some fun - lets say I hypothetically I have 3 liberty nickels - one goes into the type set. One I am keeping, one goes into type set listing and one does not belong. :) Which of these three would you add to the type set? Assume all are CAC coins - but not the same grade. One is 64, one 65 and one a 67. Maybe some searching on this site would show you which one I added to the type set. Which would you add and why?

    I was thinking about this earlier today when I saw some liberty nickels - they were very nice coins. I got this weird thing with liberty nickels (and some other coins) all because of an article I ready 15 to 20 years ago. :)

    LibertyNickel.jpg
     
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

    physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

    Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the 1904 you show.

    The 98 is perfectly fine, and given the grade choices you show might actually be the highest graded.

    However, based solely on the single image, I like the 99 the best. I think it has better luster, and I'm personally a fan of the color. There are a few small contact marks, but there is something about that green/lavender color on these Liberty nickels that gets me.

    100%, its the 99 for me.
     
  4. ldhair

    ldhair Clean Supporter

    I like the 1898 the most because of the toning. Not as well struck as the 1899 but it has a nice look.
     

Share This Page