Leu Numismatic hold my coins for 4 months

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kaveh Alaf Pour, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Hi, this is an update to my previous thread about my conflict with Leu Numismatic, long story short, they hold my purchase I made on their web-Auction24, the reason was that apparently Fedex changed their policy and stop shipping items to the UK customers with the value over 2500 GBP door to door, and that they only can be picked up at Stansted airport!
    They hold my purchase for almost 4 months in order to arrange a delivery with another carrier (DHL) which at the end they informed me that the negotiation process was not successful and that they need to contact another carrier!!!
    Finally I just asked them to ship the coins to the UK via FedEx and I will pick it up from Stansted by myself.
    The shipped the items on March 17th and today I received the items at my door by Fedex!!!
    I am very confused, did they lie at first place about Fedex change of policy? If so, why?! I cannot judge!
    Beside that, I was not so pleasant by their customer services, only 1 email out of 10 emails of mine were replied to. They were extremely slow as in they really don’t care if they have customers to take care of and they are not aware they are running because of our money! However, I need to be fair and mention that any time I called their office, despite that they didn’t solve my issue, they were very welcoming and polite (not so helpful though).

I hope they do better in their next auctions, as they used to.

Any similar experience or opinion, please let me know.
    Thank you for your time.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Glad you finally got your coins Kaveh.

4. Thank you mate

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

That does seem odd, but maybe the person telling you that FedEx changed their policy was wrong, and only when the tried shipping it, it went straight through to you? Just a thought. We all make mistakes. I made one back in 1950 when I ran away from home. LOL

6. Thanks for your reply, that’s why I say it’s difficult to judge

Draft saved Draft deleted