Let's Start a Goal!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coinmaster1, Jan 16, 2011.

1. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

ok, everyone seriously, I agree with Doug, this IS enough!

Many have sincerely wished them well. Others have shared their criticisms and still others have expressed doubts about the eventual success of this endeavor.

Offer a comment if you like, join or don't but let these guys try to do what they want and let it succeed or fail on it own merits, not your court of public opinion.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Let them alone, already!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I remember hearing stuff like this when I was a teenager running around coin shows and buying & selling coins.

I remember hearing things like "what are you doing kid?" "You don't belong here kid!" "Do you have any idea what you are doing kid?"

These things always stuck with me over the years and became motivation to learn to be better then those folks. After hitting the books and learning I was soon cherrypicking these same dealers inventories and selling the coins for large profits. I suggest to the guys that are running this thing to don't get discouraged but to also try to remain humble. There are very few experts in numismatics and these people don't call themselves experts... other people do after hearing or reading the knowledge they have to pass on. Your willingness to teach others is admirable but make sure you follow through with what you say you are going to do.

I wish you luck.

4. Farstaff

Farstaff Member

Coinmaster1 and v nickels:
    If I offended either of you, I offer my apologize. Wish you luck in your efforts.

5. Simms

Simms Tactile History

The ones who may consider themselves the most knowledgeable in any aspect of life including numismatics will be the first to claim they truly know nothing. For once one dives deeply enough into a subject they will realize the wide scope of knowledge to be learned, and soon realize it takes a lifetime, to even try and learn half of it.

SPP Ottawa likes this.
  6. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

Count me in.

Draft saved Draft deleted