Let's Start a Goal!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coinmaster1, Jan 16, 2011.

1. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

The Institute is currently working on a class schedule.
    Instructor Matt

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

It all sounds so Orwellian! :nerd:

4. cubenewb

cubenewb Consumer of Knowledge

Join us.

hypnotize12.gif

-Newbie Institute Instructor 9174 of Matrix 34, Column 87

5. krispy

krispy krispy

I hear the silent corridors of The Institute are lined with "RED OAK!"

"All your base are belong to us." -The Institute

6. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

That hurts my eyes, but I must keep staring.

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

My personal thoughts aside, in all fairness, you need not support the idea, but once you state that, lets let them have some latitude to try it.

Jim

8. krispy

krispy krispy

Oh now Jim, this thread is just recess in The Institute schoolyard. When the bell rings we'll all go back to class with our pencils sharpened and thinking caps back in their original positions... :)

9. texmech

texmech Wanna be coin collector

You know I am kind of disappointed with some of the heavy weights/many post on this forum. These guys are trying to take an idea and help some newcomers. I see some condescending remarks going on here. Some people just automatically gotta look for the negative in something. Think that comes with old age I guess. They may not have had the "prospectus" lined out in the start, but they are trying. I give them a cookie for trying.

10. stealer

stealer Roller of Coins

:dead-horse::too-funny:

In all seriousness go for it guys :)

11. coinmaster1

coinmaster1 Active Member

Thanks for those who have confidence in the idea. We are currently just waiting for those asked to be instructors to reply.

12. coinmaster1

We now have 25 members.

13. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

What you say is true regarding training seminars, but it is also true when training others is to have a plan of action, stick to your plan of action, and not be swayed by all those with comments about what you should or should not be doing. There are ALWAYS those who would do it differently, and they will always gladly tell you how they might do it better. There are always critics. Always.

I hope all the critics don't chase away the ones who are willing to put themselves out there for those of us who need a bit of beginner guidance.

Hang in there vnickels and coinmaster1

Lucy

p.s When one makes a statement in a training seminar that is not necessarily true, one corrects it as soon as they realize it -- IF they are responsible for the outcome of the training being given. In our business, all training was critical, so it would never be of benefit to give information that was 'not necessarily true'. Personally, I have been to many training seminars, and been part of giving them also. Credentials are important in any kind of training.

14. 1066merlin

1066merlin ANA#R3157534

Very Well said lucyray and I could not agree more. My hat is off to Vnickels and Coinmaster for going out and trying something new. Some people don't like new ideas and take them as a personal attack on their comfort zone, which I do understand.

I for one LOVE new ideas.

15. coinmaster1

Thanks everyone! Schedule soon!

16. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

That is not true at all, and you couldn't be any more wrong.
    The people that are bashing and poking fun of this idea, including myself, are people that have seen first hand that neither one of these two 'instructors' have what it takes to not only teach something, but at times even complete a sentence accurately.

17. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

Agreed! I would applaud some members here for doing something like this! But I think this, given the instructors almost makes a mockery of the site.

18. 1066merlin

1066merlin ANA#R3157534

Nice...... Not to be a you, but you may want to re-read your post and correct the errors you made.
    Bashing accomplishes nothing but bad blood between the two parties. If you have nothing good or constructive to say it is pointless to say it. If you are not interested in helping out with the idea don't open the the thread. I am a very easy going, live and let live kind of person. I don't go looking for someone to prove I'm better than they are, again, whats the point? However, I never tolerate bullies of any kind.

Have a nice day!

19. 1066merlin

1066merlin ANA#R3157534

Did you offer to help?

20. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

He is hardly bullying, the instructors have proven their incompetence.

21. 1066merlin

1066merlin ANA#R3157534

My point EXACTLY

Draft saved Draft deleted