Let's Start a Goal!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coinmaster1, Jan 16, 2011.

1. coinmaster1

coinmaster1 Active Member

It isn't exclusive. It is a public group on CT.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Farstaff

Farstaff Member

That requires you to join the group before you can view their discussion. Sorry, I disagree this not a public group on CT but rather a exclusive group because you have limited it members.

4. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

If you are not a member, this is all you can see:

Note the last sentence!

Read more: http://www.cointalk.com/group.php?groupid=59#ixzz1BJir9AgJ

5. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

I already can't seem to find it! Don't have permission or some- such; obviously I'm doing something wrong..again!
    Sigh...Lucy

6. Farstaff

Farstaff Member

Go the top, you should see Community and click. A drop down menu for groups should show. Click on groups and you will see them all.

7. Lehigh96

8. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

In like Flynn! Thanks Lehigh, and Farstaff. Got it for the future. Lucy

9. coinmaster1

What do you mean?!

10. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

The mission of the Newbie Institute is to educate newbies into answering questions rather than asking them. The Institute was launched only yesterday, and we are currently planning an active list of classes from our instructors. This group is open to everybody on any level. We changed the group so that it is public now.
    We are working hard to plan an active group on here and are recruiting our expert instructors now. Class schedules will be posted on Friday. There is a HUGE amount of doubt
    being placed, and we have received numerous thanks for what we are doing. So if your in doubt, expert or not, sign up. And what we our trying to do is educate the newbies
    and even learn something off our fellow instructors.

Instructor Matt
    The Newbie Institute

11. Farstaff

Farstaff Member

You have limited content to members of your group only. I dropped the word "to" in my typing.

12. coinmaster1

How do I fix it then?

13. Farstaff

Farstaff Member

According to your fellow instructor you already have:confused:

But I don't see evident that it has been done.

14. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Ok we are working on our technical problems and don't hesitate to report any concerns to us.
    Instructor Matt

15. Farstaff

Farstaff Member

vnickles and conmaster1;

I am not trying to hassle you guys, but as a former training manager with 3 difference companies and having personally conducted over 5,000 training seminars in my career, one of the first things you will learn is not to make statements that are not necessarily true. You will be challenge by your students to prove any statement you make. So be careful, if not, your students will begin to disregard much of what you say thereafter.

16. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

After most things that both 'instructors' have already stated on this forum, lots of members already disregard most of that they say.

17. krispy

krispy krispy

How does this organization propose to educate people to answer their own questions? Have you developed a formula that can be utilized by students so they need not make inquiries from instructors? Will this be a series of essays written by instructors for students to merely read without interacting with the instructors?

Will the courses have syllabi and be outlined so that students know what to expect from their instructors, with the topics to be covered over a set time line. What is the proposed length of a class? Will it follow the traditional academic semester?

Will there be books that students are required to purchase for these classes? Will there be pop quizzes? Will results of tests be published?

What is your policy on snow days?

18. Lehigh96

That was funny!

19. coinmaster1

When I try to edit the group, the page says that it is already public.

20. krispy

krispy krispy

;)

21. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

+1:thumb:

Draft saved Draft deleted