Let's see your newest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by H8_modern, Feb 25, 2011.

1. HAB Peace 28 2.0

HAB Peace 28 2.0 The spiders are as big as the door

My new Washington. The pics do not do George justice.
    image.jpg image.jpg

Paul M., Blissskr, charlietig and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

I love the understated way you presented this. Ho hum here's an MS 67 commem. Truly exceptional!

4. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

@Yankee42 , lol. I wasn't intending to buy it, but I was watching the live Heritage auction, as I've been known to do. I love certain classic commems and the Iowa design is one of the ones I wanted to add at some point. I was watching the auction live and started seeing classic commems going well below market. So I quickly looked at a bunch of them and this one fell into my lap. I paid less than $155 for it, all in. I feel fortunate to have been in the right place at the right time.

Santinidollar likes this.
  5. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

HAB Peace 28 2.0 likes this.
  6. HAB Peace 28 2.0

HAB Peace 28 2.0 The spiders are as big as the door

Thanks.. I was VERY happy when I unboxed him today. This is one of those deals when u have to see it ,to believe it ! Concerning the mintage numbers, I'm not sure why it isn't worth more?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
    JPeace$ likes this.
  7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Great looker and great price........I think I paid that ($155 neighborhood) for a '66 four years ago.

JPeace$ likes this.
  8. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Ken, that's why I had to pull the trigger. When I can get classic commems at these prices, it's hard to pass up.

When I first was looking at the Iowa a couple years ago as a target addition, I wondered what the disturbances above the capitol building on the reverse were, until I realized they are supposed to be clouds!

The obverse on the Iowa is one of my favorite designs. Now if I could just find a Pan Pac or Isabella at a similar "discount"! LOL.

9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

2012 Wexler noted 1944-PDS could have a DDO/DDR so u may what to spend less than $20.00 to have John Wexler take a look. Once graded again $350.00 MS63 with detailed
    Sometimes it's worth it to lop to this one quarter.

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

The clouds......hence the '67. They appear so prominently on your piece.

JPeace$ likes this.
  11. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I can see why classic commems are your main focus. The detail and relief on many of the designs is truly stunning!

12. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Below is my secret santa additions.

I really should get more Nabataeans, they are fairly neat. Would especially like to get a silver sometime in 2016.

I didn't have the reverse type the Constans has, so that is nice to have.

The world coins were a nice bonus, actually didn't have these particular dates, only after WW2. Love my french moderns.

So thank you Secret Santa!

[​IMG]
    Malichus II & Shuqailat II (40 - 70 A.D.)
    Nabataean Kingdom
    Æ Unit
    O: Jugate busts of Malichus & Shuqailatt right
    R: Crossed Cornucopia
    1. WKLM
    2. YQS
    3. TL
    from r. to l. MLKW / SQY / LT
    = Maliku / Shuqailat
    19mm
    2.51g
    SNG X I#I444

[​IMG]
    Constans (337 - 350 A.D.)
    Æ3
    O: CONSTANS P F AVG, rosette-diademed, draped and cuirassed bust right.
    R: VICTORIAE DD AVGGQ NN, two Victories standing facing each other, each holding wreath and palm, HR monogram between them. Mintmark ASIS.
    Sisca Mint
    18mm
    1.59g
    RIC VIII 192

Rest:
    [​IMG]

13. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

IMG_20151217_161253.JPG IMG_20151217_161227.JPG MS67 cropped Com
    Nice coin !!

14. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I couldn't resist. This nice old Lincoln cent looked too good to pass up. I don't know if I overpaid since Lincolns aren't the usual coin I buy.

1910 BU1.jpg 1910 BU2.jpg

15. AcesKings

AcesKings Well-Known Member

New upgrade for my SLQ collection......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Got it in the mail yesterday. It's better than I had hoped. Very clean, gold patina and the luster is quite rich. I'm grateful to the previous owners that took such good care of this commem, so that I can be the caretaker of it until I pass from this earth. Not being melodramatic, it's just that I will keep this one until the day I stop breathing...lol.

Frank MacD and green18 like this.
  17. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

IMO, very well struck, great head details and from the obverse pic, looks to have quite a bit of luster. Nice addition.

18. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Agree!!!

Frank MacD likes this.
  19. AcesKings

AcesKings Well-Known Member

Thank you both! This is the best struck SLQ I've personally ever seen, so I HAD to have it! :happy:

treylxapi47 likes this.
  20. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

I got this at an auction and just got it back from PCGS yesterday along with a 1922 Peace. DSC09776 (2).JPG DSC09777 (2).JPG

Mainebill, Paul M., Blissskr and 3 others like this.
  21. Hugh Stiel

Hugh Stiel Made in New Orleans

image.jpeg PCGS PF67 cam , 1900 O pms 67, 1882 pms67 image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Mainebill, Paul M., Blissskr and 6 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted