Let's see your newest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by H8_modern, Feb 25, 2011.

1. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Ive got another couple quarters coming my way.

These came directly from @geekpryde 's new list of dealers. Browsed most last night and came away with some potential hole fillers, went ahead and put in an offer on these two and it was accepted this afternoon.

Im a brave soul for buying a coin without seeing the obverse, but I decided to take the chance.

Here is the first one: 1859 PCGS MS-62; but no obverse picture

59 R.jpg

Then this beauty: 1875 PCGS MS-64

75 O.jpg
    75 R.jpg

spirityoda, JPeace$, gijoe76 and 12 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Also forgot about this one that is on its way.

1846 Philadelphia Seated Quarter 'Virginia Collection'

1846_2_25c.jpg

This came from Gerry Fortin's site. On a side note, Gerry is an incredible fella, he has responded to every email I have sent him, most of the time promptly, and he has been a really huge help in getting me accustomed to the Liberty Seated Collectors Club and all it has to offer.

If you arent a member over at LSCC and have any interest in any area of the seated series, it will be the best $20 youve ever spent. DO IT NOW

spirityoda, gijoe76, jello and 8 others like this.
  4. onecenter

onecenter Member

Absolutely. One of the statements I have read many times which I believe can properly attributed to Q. David Bowers is "history in your hands."

bugo likes this.
  5. Ed Sims

Ed Sims Well-Known Member

Got this the other day off of a non eBay auction site 1885-O NGC MS-63PL for a really good price. Definitely not a keeper as I do not collect Morgan dollars. I buy them to resell if I can get them at the right price.
    100c-1885O-MS63PL-obv.jpg 100c-1885O-MS63PL-rev.jpg

JPeace$, gijoe76, Paul_62 and 5 others like this.
  6. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Similar story the first coins I remember buying was some ihc and buffs for $.50 ea when I was a kid outta a junk box. Then I discovered the early stuff first one was an 1817 15 stars large cent unfortunately I don't have any of it still god only knows what happened to it I was always trading buying and selling stuff then as well as now I had an 1800/79 large cent that got lost in the move when I was 12 that I prized I sstill got some coins I bought in high school tho just had the 1837 no stars dime graded pcgs f-12 bought it when I was 16 for around $30

7. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

Photographed by Robec a few days ago. Great cameo.

[​IMG]

spirityoda, JPeace$, gijoe76 and 11 others like this.
  8. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Lscc & Gerry have a good site and club. Will help ya in heartbeat.:)

treylxapi47 likes this.
  9. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Me and @Mainebill and @mainer020648 met up last night in Maine, and @mainer020648 sold me a very nice coin which I needed badly for my CAC Type set. There are only a few Jefferson varieties that CAC stickers for circulation strikes, so they don't come up often for sale.

Seller pic:

1943 over 2 P 5C PCGS MS64 CAC Obv Slab Seller.jpg

Thank you, sir!

gijoe76, mark_h, jj00 and 6 others like this.
  10. Mainebill

A convention of coin collecting maineiacs!!;)

geekpryde likes this.
  11. mainer020648

mainer020648 Well-Known Member

Matt, I hope you take a new and better picture to post.
    Bill, "maineiacs"??? I resemble that remark..lol

geekpryde likes this.
  12. Ed Sims

Ed Sims Well-Known Member

Perhaps with a little planning and some advance notice the next convention of maineiacs could have as many as twice the number of this convention. You could then call it group therapy where everyone discusses their addiction and their plans to further it without any hope of a cure.

13. Mainebill

Would be a good idea have a regular group of us Maine (or in Maine) ct members get together for a beer and a few good coin stories first there was 2 now 3 any more up here?

geekpryde likes this.
  14. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Latest coin to share is a sestertius of Severus Alexander I have had for over a month. These hefty bronzes are alot of fun to hold.

[​IMG]
    Severus Alexander (222 - 235 A.D.)
    Æ Sestertius
    O: IMP ALEXANDER PIVS AVG, laureate bust right with slight drapery on far shoulder.
    R: SPES PVBLICA S C, Spes advancing left, flower in right, raising skirt with left.
    Rome Mint, 232 A.D.
    19g
    29mm
    RIC IV 648

gijoe76, mark_h, jello and 2 others like this.
  15. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I pulled this rather nice 1959-D dime out of a roll tonight at work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

Won this from Krypto last night. It's almost an exact match toning wise to a 58 D I sold last year and have regretted it since. I think this one is slightly nicer because it has some color on the obverse while the other one was just grey.

This is an NGC MS66
    image.jpg image.jpg

spirityoda, gijoe76, yKnot and 8 others like this.
  17. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I just bought this should be very interesting Unusual World Coins.jpg

JPeace$, Chiefbullsit, jello and 4 others like this.
  18. Hugh Stiel

Hugh Stiel Made in New Orleans

Wow looks like I've missed out on seeing the great coins everybody has posted. I'll post a couple
    But really signed on to see what's happening here. For me, I've bought a few , sold a few.
    Managed to get into another major disagreement with HA over sales and who should get money from upgrades and beanies. I've got to say I'm not a virgin anymore

19. Hugh Stiel

Attached Files:

spirityoda and jello like this.
  20. Hugh Stiel

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Don't expect must excitement but I did buy a few and I think they are cool

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    spirityoda, gijoe76, Weston and 8 others like this.
  21. Hugh Stiel

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg This almost finish my $10-o on NGC. I know I should have waited for a better one. I happy with this hard to find 58

gijoe76, Mainebill, geekpryde and 6 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted