Let's see your newest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by H8_modern, Feb 25, 2011.

1. SSG_Gonzo

SSG_Gonzo Well-Known Member

That is a gorgeous find WL. Love it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

eBay? Can't be Heritage because their min + shipping is more than that.

4. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

5. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I suspect this piece isn't quite as coppery as the seller's scan makes it out to be, but they can take on a subtle, overall tone of copper which is quite pleasant, and I'd be happy with that.

6. John Anthony

7. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

8. benveniste

benveniste Type Type

Not a coin, but ...

NewToys.jpg

Here's a 100% crop taken of a rusty steel cent using this setup:

1943D.jpg

9. lonegunlawyer

Very nice set up for search for errors and varieties.

10. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

A recent small pickup I made recently.

1867.jpg

11. lonegunlawyer

Niiiiiiiice! Very nice indeed!

12. John Anthony

Nice shield nickel icerain. The repunched date is fantastic!

13. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

My most recent type coin. This one finishes up the three SLQ slots in my type set. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

15. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Best picture I could get sitting down, post knee surgery, but ya get the idea---2010 Silver Proof S mint ATB Quarters. Not a scratch, but a cat hair on the obverse...lololololololol. Good post surgery drugs still working. :) :) :)

obv 2010.jpg rev 2010.jpg

16. mmablaster

mmablaster Member

17. Zachkeaton

Zachkeaton Cervus non Servus

Just bought this from Lehigh96.

[​IMG]

18. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

Took a shot in the dark with this one. Bad title, worse description and no picture. $10.38 image.jpg

Attached Files:

19. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

1961 Franklin Half Dollar Proof (PCGS PR65). I bought this coin raw off eBay for a bit over melt; and thought I would roll the dice with PCGS. Results back today ... PR65. I submitted it Secure Plus so it could be "sniffed" for chemicals, obviously it passed with flying colors (no pun intended). It's got one of the best reverses I've ever seen on a Franklin Proof in terms of pure color and visual appeal; and I think it might be the most intensely-toned PCGS-graded Proof Franklin in existence (at least that I have ever seen).

[​IMG]

I thought there was a chance it would come back "Genuine: Questionable Color" due to the amount and intensity of color -- until I compared the colors with Sunnywood's Color Classification Chart for Naturally Toned Coins, where there was a pretty good match in the color progression.

[​IMG]

20. robec

robec Junior Member

Absolute incredible toned Franklin. I've seen tons of great looking MS Franklin toners, but I don't ever recall seeing a more colorful Proof Franklin.

When I see the term rainbow toning, this is what it is suppose to mean.

I'll double your money if you want to get rid of it.....no questions asked.:yes:

21. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

I just bought a small lot of coins and baseball cards off of eBay for a total of $4. The coins were: an 1967 AU half penny from what I believe is Great Britain, a hole -filling liberty nickel, an uncirculated wheat penny, and some common date wheats, which total value of just this comes out to be ~$4. However, there was also an indian head cent in this lot from 1901. In the eBay picture, it looked to be in VG condition, but when I received it, it looks to me to be AU-55. This is a pretty large profit (Redbook has it listed between $25-$30) on only a $4 purchase.
    $30 AU IHC + $4 in coins + $? in bonus baseball cards = :hail:

Draft saved Draft deleted