Let's see your newest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by H8_modern, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Thanks for the comment, the part around the date is also a very strong die clash, plus the die crack.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. aronsamma

aronsamma Active Member

pf67.jpg pf67rev.JPG

Seller's pics.

I never considered myself much of a Washington collector, but they've been calling to me lately and I can't get enough. I got this particular example for non-cameo money. Very satisfied.

4. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Lyds, do you "officially" collect Kennedy die varieties? How many have you got?

5. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Heres a couple, not really new acquisitions but i did pull them from my junk foreign silver jar and get them fancy new air-tites to protect them, and to add to my more desirable keeper collection.

5 franc O.jpg
    5 franc R.jpg

Jahre O.jpg
    Jahre R.jpg

6. SSG_Gonzo

SSG_Gonzo Well-Known Member

Purchased a few coins while I was up in Oregon this last week. Got this nicely toned Buff for $2-
    1953 Buffalo 5c Toned Obv #5.jpg 1953 Buffalo 5c Toned Rev #6.jpg
    Got this 1941 Woody for free. Was listed at .75 cents but the guy at the store said he just wanted cash and not to deal with change lol.
    1941 Lincoln Woody 1c Obv #7.jpg 1941 Lincoln Woody 1c Rev #4.jpg
    Again I am sorry about the quality of my images I am working on doing better but I think it will take some time.

7. SSG_Gonzo

Got this Steel Lincoln for free as well.
    1943S Lincoln Steel Cent Obv #6.jpg 1943S Lincoln Steel Cent Rev #7.jpg
    Picked up this lovely toned Lincoln Proof for $1-. This one will go to Robec for imaging when he gets a chance. The toning on it looks like a lava explosion in the back ground.
    1960 Lincoln Toned Proof 1c Obv #2.jpg 1960 Lincoln Toned Proof 1c Rev #4.jpg

8. SSG_Gonzo

Heres some more pics of the 1960 proof.
    1960 Lincoln Toned Proof 1c Obv #4.jpg 1960 Lincoln Toned Proof 1c Obv #8.jpg 1960 Lincoln Toned Proof 1c Rev #5.jpg 1960 Lincoln Toned Proof 1c Rev #9.jpg
    Also picked up 5 War time Jefferson for $2- each but I havent taken pics of them yet.

9. SSG_Gonzo

Won this one on eBay. It was a gamble hoping for a nicely toned 59 proof. Instead I got a PR70 that I had to crack out. I know I am crazy right LOL but I just dont understand how SGS grades coins like this at a PF70 so its now a Raw again :) LOL.
    1959 Lincoln Proof 1c SGSPF70 Obv#4.jpg 1959 Lincoln Proof 1c SGSPF70 Rev#1.jpg

10. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Gonzo...nice coins and I do admire that Woody. One day I shall own one....one day.

11. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Gonzo, next time you travel north, come up here so you can get those smokin' deals with me. I am totally jealous right now of that buff.

12. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Miguel Hidalgo was feeling lonely so I had to get him a twin brother while gold's still down.
    DSCF4877.jpg DSCF4879.jpg

13. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

I went to work today and came home with this Battle Creek Morgan. It was a Good Day :D

[​IMG]

14. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Gonzo, I love that woody Lincoln. Nice find - so much character.

15. frostyluster

frostyluster Member

Me gusta mucho!

16. frostyluster

frostyluster Member

17. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Just back from PCGS.

IKE 1972 T2 4% Dbl Clip 26761995 PCGS MS62 Slab ObvD.jpg Jefferson 1958 Sintered 26761996 PCGS MS64 Slab ObvD.jpg

The Type 2 (Fred) has the wrong coin number and will go back. Instead of 7409 it should be 97409.

The coin numbers are as follows for the 1972 Eisenhower:

87409 - 1972 Type 1
    97409 - 1972 Type 2
    7409 - 1972 Type 3

The Jefferson was pulled from a roll and is exactly the same error as the famous (or maybe not so famous) 1959 Black Beauty Jefferson's which were hyped in the late 60's for moon money. (It's all in the name folks!)

I'll call mine Fred! Actually, the two above could be called Fred and Wilma. Yeah. Fred and Wilma! :yes:

At any rate, sintering is similar to the powder coating which goes on lots of automotive parts. Specifically Wheels. Its a process where a metallic powder is magnetically charged to another surface and then heat is used to adhere the powder. (Xerography?) Supposedly, copper dust is the powder and the annealing ovens are the heat source. When a coin passes through the annealing process normally, nothing happens but when the planchet gets "stuck" in the annealing ovens, then the sintering occurs.

Of course, this theory was debunked back when the same thing occurred with the Presidential Dollars and Chris Pilliod stated that it was more of an "improper alloy mix". PCGS uses both terms.

6 or 1 or half dozen of another.

18. SSG_Gonzo

I will have to do that my friend. That Buff was a lucky find. I have been chasing toned buffs for a while now but they tend to be way above my budget. I saw this one and at $2 well lets just say I triped on the way to adding it to my buying pile lol.

19. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

1924 Peace Dollar for my circulated set. Trying to get them all to look like this. Found in a junk dollar bin at my lcs image.jpg image.jpg

20. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

I do love the ghost-like image of Peace and am thinking of starting a similar set.

21. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

1969-S Proof Lincoln (PCGS PR68RB). Just got this TrueView photo back a few hours ago from PCGS. It's about as intense a rainbow that I have ever seen on a Proof Lincoln. My iPhone slab shot is at bottom. (This was an eBay Buy-It-Now for $18 + free shipping.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted