Let's see your newest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by H8_modern, Feb 25, 2011.

1. SSG_Gonzo

SSG_Gonzo Well-Known Member

Robec thanks buddy I appreciate it. This one is heading in your direction for some imaging. Not that G didnt do a great job at it but I would like it added to the collection of photos you have set up for me if that is ok with you.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. brg5658

brg5658 Well-Known Member

Newest type coin.

1865_Two_Cent_obv.jpg 1865_Two_Cent_rev.jpg

4. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

I agree, the corniness of the English monarch looking like caesar is rather funny, but at $3 I thought what the heck. :)

PS Nice two center!

5. valente151

valente151 Mr. AU64, Jr.

Two nickel newps for the everyman type set, both from sellers over at the PCGS forum.

Both PCGS AU58.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Toning may be questionable on the Buffalo, but PCGS liked it and I find it interesting and nice.

6. cciesielski01

cciesielski01 Laced Up

2010pgrandcanyonpcgs.jpg 2012-11-13_19-17-55_793-horz.jpg grade.jpg
    some newer ones i received both as gifts. the lincoln cent i received in a contest from sunflower :) and the atb quarter was from pcgs for starting their registry :)

7. txguy

txguy Active Member

The flying eagle.

image.jpg image.jpg

8. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

This just came in today's mail and I snapped some iPhone photos. I will be very curious to see what this looks like in a PCGS TrueView photo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Right on robec. Exactly what I would have said. Here are some more that I have.
    I wish I would have imaged that one before I sent it to Gonzo. Maybe he will send it over to ya! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. robec

robec Junior Member

I hope he does send it.

I have a couple just like yours plus this one with very vivid colors. WL has one that is absent of target toning, but is wild and extremely colorful. Hopefully he will post it.

[​IMG]

11. SSG_Gonzo

A new auction win from Teletrade's No Buyers Fee Tuesdays. Got this baby for $10 and I love the way it looks.
    1947-D Lincoln Toned 1c Combo.jpg 1947-D Lincoln Toned 1c.jpg 1947-D Lincoln Toned Obv 1c.jpg 1947-D Lincoln Toned Rev 1c.jpg

12. SSG_Gonzo

Got it packaged up and ready to go just waiting for the word :)

13. WingedLiberty

Here you go, robec. Funny this is almost inverse target toning ... toned on the interior and not toned on the rim.

[​IMG]

14. SSG_Gonzo

Wow that Lincoln just screams AWESOMENESS!!! I love it.

15. WingedLiberty

Here is a slab view shot with my iPhone ...

[​IMG]

16. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I wasn't ecstatic about your 70-s, until you just posted this phone shot.
    I don't understand why Tru-View's prefer to completely blast the coin with light and not show cameos on toned proofs.
    No offense to robec either, I see that's how he shoots the toned cents as well.
    I think it does the coin a dis-service. They look so much nicer, and more natural when they show the darker fields and the luster. A much better representation of what the coin looks like in hand.
    Just my opinion of course. To each their own!

17. robec

robec Junior Member

I try not to blast the whole coin as much as PCGS does.

My aim is to make the field look somewhat watery, showing some definition.
    The goal isn't always achieved.

Here is an illustration of what I mean.

TrueView
    [​IMG]

Mine with watery fields.

[​IMG]

Others

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Yes, your's certainly do show the "watery" effect much better. I can look at the images and just see the booming luster. Eat your heart out PCGS!

The way that 70-s looks in the true-view gives the impression that all the color is smudged (is that a word?) and is flat, almost like stains with hard breaks between color transitions. When in fact the color flows smoothly with the luster.

19. robec

robec Junior Member

I think Phil's biggest problem is time. With all the photos he has to take, he just doesn't have the time to make everyone happy. I think I read where he only takes a few seconds per coin. It takes me multitudes of that.

20. robec

robec Junior Member

While we're at it and to keep it current.

Received today from eBay

[​IMG]

21. SSG_Gonzo

Robec I am currently working on getting one of these lol. If I win it I will be sending it to you for some awesome images.

Draft saved Draft deleted