Let's see your newest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by H8_modern, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

This arrived today. I’m not a Mercury collector (a shortcoming of mine, I know) but this one said “take me home.”

So I did.

D470DEDE-C626-42D2-BA06-88F8EFCA274E.jpeg 21558A9F-5550-43A9-9515-F4A1659F7239.jpeg F00A35B7-10DA-4779-B935-78552D589D9F.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

1886 S$1 C.jpg
    It arrived yesterday, so did some more n scale trains. Therefore I was too busy to post the image yesterday of this beauty.:D

4. Tamaracian

Tamaracian 12+ Yr Member--Supporter

Nice pickups--Gold is always desirable, and the spot price is more than likely going to rise again. On the Pan-Pacific, did you mean to say Stacks-Bowers and not Bowers-Merena?

5. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I just won this one today in an online auction. I needed a type 1 SLQ for my type set. It's in a SEGS holder (MS64+ FH). Once I get it I plan on cracking it out and send it to NGC or PCGS.
    slq1917T1o.jpg slq1917T1r.jpg

6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

@wxcoin
    Dang that's a nice one, great shield & rivets, good nip.
    I would also crack it out and submit.
    Good Luck

kountryken, ZoidMeister and wxcoin like this.
  7. CircCam

CircCam Victory

8. wxcoin

Do they have a GN designation?:)

dwhiz likes this.
  9. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

This one finally showed up today. I actually had to write a check to pay for it and then wait for it to clear...no CC/no Paypal. Welcome back to the 20th century.

Rough pics...will have to try again tomorrow.
    upload_2021-11-24_21-55-10.png
    upload_2021-11-24_21-55-47.png

10. WLH22

WLH22 Well-Known Member

Did a little pre-Holiday shopping.
    NGC Peace obv.jpeg PCGS Peace Obv.jpeg

11. Tamaracian

Tamaracian 12+ Yr Member--Supporter

The noted expert Q. David Bowers looks for ALL of the Rivets on the Shield to denote a "Full Strike"--and if they are present--a FH would most likely also be present.

wxcoin likes this.
  12. wxcoin

I was a bit hesitant bidding on this one. SEGS gave it a FH but to me it could be borderline when conpared to other 1917 T1 slabbed FH examples.

13. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

I was just bidding on this one. Didn't intend to win it. But won it. It really has nice toning in hand. The sellers pictures made it look hazy. But it isn't hazy.
    Screenshot_20211125-082137_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211125-082201_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211125-082230_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211125-082246_Gallery.jpg

14. kountryken

kountryken Well-Known Member

Well, this is my newest acquisition, a 1909 VDB LHC. I realize that it's not in the "best" condition, but I'm thrilled with it! My main reason that I'm so happy? I just got this in change from the local Wendy's! I would have loved to go through the rest of the cents in the change drawer, but that wasn't happening since I was the only one interested in that, lol. And, in fairness to them, there was a long line waiting behind me. But, it still makes me wonder how it got there, and was it the only "older" coin? 20211128_183337.jpg 20211128_183353.jpg

Attached Files:

KeyHunter, INDE1977, Lem E and 10 others like this.
  15. Theborer

Theborer Well-Known Member

Wow. I’d got back and buy a few more 99 cent meals

kountryken likes this.
  16. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

17. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

@kountryken retire that baby...it did its job and deserves a good home to settle into.

Here is my newest:

1919 D Walking half obverse (1).jpg

1919 D Walker reverse (1).jpg 1919 D Walker reverse (1).jpg

INDE1977, Lem E, green18 and 3 others like this.
  18. kountryken

kountryken Well-Known Member

Yes sir, I completely agree, it's retired! And, I will provide it the best home within my ability. And, not saying this to "pay you back" for your "liking" my post, but I truly "like" your Walking Liberty Half! I think it is one of the best designs of the last century coins (I do like the SLQ's, too). I'm thankful for uncirculated, and better coins that so many of you have, but my heart (and my wallet) belongs to coins that have "made the rounds"! I like to think of the "stories" that they could tell! Your latest one fits perfectly in my interest group. Good strike, clearly legible, and has a home where it is appreciated! Well done! Now, if it only had some "playmates" so it doesn't feel lonely, and, I'm guessing that it does!

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

20. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

I went to the local antique mall last week, and in one of the booths were several Ike Dollars. Among them was a group of 9 1971-Ds. I inspected each of them and discovered a "Friendly Eagle." It isn't collector grade quality, but for $3.00 I'll take it.

fevo.jpg

fevr.jpg

71-D FEV-3.jpg

gronnh20, Lem E, Tamaracian and 3 others like this.
  21. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

What is a "Friendly Eagle" on an Ike?

Draft saved Draft deleted