Let's see your newest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by H8_modern, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Keyless Chuck

Keyless Chuck Still looking for my keys...

20180209_211635.jpg 20180209_211736.jpg
    I was going through an old book my father had for new inspirations. Have been on the Dollar / Half Dollar hunt for a bit but needed direction. Opened it up to this section and saw he had 14, 1906 Barbers before the major silver spike. So that's how I came accross this specific coin. Wish I had those 14 coins instead though!

dwhiz, jtlee321 and BlackBeard_Thatch like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

What a beautiful coin!

Paddy54 likes this.
  4. bsowa1029

VERY nice for your first coin!
    Do you plan on trying to finish a full set?
    It’s a very fun and challenging series, especially when looking for original coins in grades at fine and up. It can get expensive though even with the easier dates.

5. bsowa1029

It appears to be a solid VF25 and could make VF30 on a good day. Would get a details grade, though, as there are obvious signs of improper cleaning.

6. Keyless Chuck

Keyless Chuck Still looking for my keys...

Not sure about the full set yet, right now I'm in the get one example of everything mode. Would like to grab a Seated Liberty next, then a Trade Dollar. The TDs got me nervous though due to the high number of counterfeits. Oh, and thank you for your grading opinion. Didn't realze it was cleaned, still love it though!

Mainebill and bsowa1029 like this.
  7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

For my birth year set. Sellers images, and I'll update after it arrives.
    1944-S 10c PCGS MS65FB 1-horz.jpg

8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I sneaked over the border.

mine-horz.jpg

9. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Hey if you need to get back, I know this guy, that knows this other guy and he can get you across. Might need that coin as payment.

dwhiz, Paddy54 and Chiefbullsit like this.
  10. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Pickups from a local show today - my first in quite a while.

1872 Half Dime graded AU58 by PCGS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then why not throw in a few shiny Lincolns? (I had some $$$ left over and saw these).

1939 Cent graded MS66 RD by NGC (in older slab with some surface scuffs)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1943 Steel Cent graded MS66 by NGC (also in older slab)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

The H-10 is an Valentine # 3 the D in united is defective. The date is open ,slightly lower 1 and 8 don't touch.
    Rev. Both ends of the ribbons touch.
    Sweet specimen.

ewomack likes this.
  12. jom

jom Well-Known Member

I used to own that 1832 quarter...glad it found a nice home!

jom

13. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Thanks for recognizing it @jom. I'm just a temporary custodian, but don't fret . . . I'll place her with an appreciative collector.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    jom likes this.
  14. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Just ordered these this morning. The 27-D because it's a woody, the 44-D for my birth year set 1927-D 1c Woody 4-horz.jpg 1944-D 1c PCGS 1-horz.jpg

15. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Keyless Chuck likes this.
  16. Mainebill

Buy a trade dollar slabbed or from a reputable dealer who will guarantee it. Not off eBay there’s a ton of damaged and problem coins too They are my favorite series and am trying to do a complete set with proofs (not 84 and 85 of course) in au and better. Though I can’t resist buying good original examples any time I can

Keyless Chuck likes this.
  17. Mainebill

I’m not so sure about the cleaning. If it’s anything it’s a light wipe. I don’t see anything obvious and it could be the pics

18. LuxUnit

LuxUnit Well-Known Member

I have a few Woodies and wheats I really want to slab but I don't have a membership yet.

19. Morpheus

Morpheus Active Member

20. LuxUnit

LuxUnit Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely happy about my inability to picture this coin appropriately, but it's a stunner in hand. It has hues of red, blue, yellow, green and full luster.

inCollage_20180212_183729790.jpg

21. Proof86

Proof86 New Member

I am new here (1st Post) and I have made a decision. I have spent the last two days viewing coins posted in this thread. Absolutely unbelievable examples! As a result, I am throwing my collection in the trash and spending my time looking at and dreaming about the coins posted here - lol. Seriously, I have really enjoyed looking at your coins, reading when/how they were acquired, and learning more about the hobby in general. Thanks.

gronnh20, JPeace$, Mainebill and 5 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted