Let's see your newest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by H8_modern, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Quite a collection tonight, guys! Thanks for sharing.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LionelR

LionelR Supporter! Supporter

There is very little smoke effect, I'm sorry to report. It's the lighting and much amplified in my photo skills, more than it should be. Thank you for checking it out though! -Lionel

4. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Arrived Friday

usps_delivery_smiley_animated_v2_zps2ec9ef6a.gif

1832, O-102, Small Letters, Capped Bust, Half Dollar R-1
    Variety Attribution: Obverse-Cap extends over headband to curl. Stars medium in size and close to milling. Date is 8 mm. and rather low. The 1 shows re-cutting along right edge and the 8 in lower loop and right edge of upper loop. A fine vertical die line joins lips and chin.
    Reverse- 50 C. is 1 1/2 mm. and low. Arrowheads are malformed and joined by a series of defects, etc. Arrow to A is 1/2 mm.flat striking of olive stem, right claw and arrowheads. A die defect prong extends down from tip of right wing. I is entirely left side of T. Base of A much higher than base of M. Line 1 of stripe 3 and line 2 of stripe 4 below shield. Berries are like deformed lumps.

usps_delivery_smiley_animated_v2_zps2ec9ef6a.gif 100_0254.JPG 100_0255.JPG 100_0256.JPG 100_0257.JPG 1832_CBH_O_102_Prong_tip.JPG

5. ValpoBeginner

ValpoBeginner Well Known Supporter

Wondering if anyone thinks this is a 1930-D/D. Just got it yesterday and I have my suspicions that it is a RPM 001, LDS. Can someone confirm, please.

magnifier_20170508_031338.png magnifier_20170508_030931.png
    magnifier_20170508_030528.png magnifier_20170508_031117.png

Hugh Stiel likes this.
  6. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Much too subtle if in fact there is anything wrong with that penny for me to be able to see it.
    There is no telling how many DD and clash that I've thrown back.....

7. MercuryBen

MercuryBen Well-Known Member

I'm not really into double dies and RPMs, but I do like mint mark size varieties, so I had to win this 41 large S in MS65 CAC. This 41 large S is far rarer than the 45 micro s. There are 5 is MS65, 1 in MS65FB, and 1 in MS66. I think this one has a decent shot at upgrading to 66 eventually.

431185-1.jpg

Capture.PNG

8. brokecoinguy

brokecoinguy I like what I can't afford

A few new recent pickups - eBay and local coin show.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  9. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Just picked this Beauty up a few weeks ago, its been in a soak and came out nice.
    I feel quite Fortunate to find this as they are quite Rare, and I got it for a Steel. DSC05332.JPG DSC05334.JPG

10. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Sweet variety Ben....and yes it is a tougher coin to land. Coin great congrats

MercuryBen likes this.
  11. Paddy54

The shield looks to be an 1869 narrow date, if so you got yourself a sweet variety as they are very rare. In vf values near 125.and xf 175.
    I personally would give it a soak in acetone to remove some of the nasty green on its surfaces. No longer than a few hours then maybe again if need be. Nice pick up

brokecoinguy likes this.
  12. brokecoinguy

Yeah I believe it is FS-301 reverse of '67 narrow date - or at least I'm hoping so. Either way I was happy getting it for $38. Never tried acetone but after reading a few threads I wouldn't mind trying it on this one.

Edit: Personal best for an eBay cherry pick

Attached Files:

13. Paddy54

Yeah I would of purchase that in a heartbeat . I've been hunting a narrow date some time now. I got a ton of fatties some nice varieties too. Nice snag!
    BTW yeah give it a short soak and see how she looks. The acetone isn't going to do any more damage then the green slim will

brokecoinguy likes this.
  14. brokecoinguy

At first I was just out to get a shield for my type set, turns out this was a pretty good example. Thanks for the advice, I'll have to get some acetone and try it this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Paddy54 likes this.
  15. brokecoinguy

So I was looking through eBay last night and was surprised to see how many 69 narrow dates were being sold as regular dates. I ended up buying another example in F for $15.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

17. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Filled a few more holes today.

Do these look UNC? They do have luster. Photos are taken under diffused light.
    1971D_opt.jpg 1972D_opt.jpg 1972P_opt.jpg

18. cletis faye

cletis faye Well-Known Member

IMG_20170510_005146.jpg "New"as it will ever be

Hugh Stiel and Santinidollar like this.
  19. MerlinAurelius

MerlinAurelius Well-Known Member

Some of my new acquisitions. Some photos are not loading properly...
    20170421_223252.jpg 20170421_223310.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  20. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

21. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Hugh Stiel likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted