Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Beautiful love token goincarcrazy. Yours, unlike some, is well executed and has a really nice border. Thanks for showing it.

Bruce

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Cool items.......

I have a couple:
    csa_2011_bs1.jpg HTW_2010_CS.jpg

49ers likes this.
  4. Lincoln Cents

Lincoln Cents Cents not pennies

1927 National Geographic magazine with an article about coins.
    Coins and other 022.jpg
    Coins and other 025.jpg

P.S. It used to be in the IBNS library and I didn't put the green underline there.

Aidan_() likes this.
  5. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

Two more CWTs... and an Abraham Lincoln ferrotype companion piece to the Stephen Douglas that I posted a page back...

OH730B-1a-French&Swonger-Combined.jpg

PA750U-1c-ABTaylor-Combined.jpg

AL-1860-106-LincolnFerrotype-Combined.jpg

usmc 6123 and 49ers like this.
  6. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Nice piece, I like it.:thumb:

7. riff

riff I ain't got time to bleed

i guess these count. they were minted to celebrate the centennial anniversary of the start of the civil war. 1961 bashlow restrikes:[​IMG][​IMG]

8. BRandM

Another nice set of exonumia...great stuff CC!

Bruce

9. BRandM

012.JPG 013.JPG
    I just bought this WRNC medal from a 50+ year member whose retiring and selling his collections. I like this one a lot especially with the shades of toning. It's even nicer in hand than what the picture shows.

Bruce

49ers likes this.
  10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

12. mackwork

mackwork Caretaker of old coins & currency

Uncirculated 1957 nickel :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

49ers and Pocket change 50 like this.
  13. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

@mack - your Knickerbocker PCWT (Fuld 255/393a R-1) is a great example. The strike of particular PCWT usually isn't found as sharp. :smile

14. mackwork

Thanks CheetahCats! That one came in a roll of truly unsearched wheat cents, that had a lot of nice wheat semi-keys in it as well.

15. yarm

yarm Junior Member

1802 medal - Manchester and Salford Volunteers

[​IMG]

49ers likes this.
  16. mackwork

yarm - I really like that medal!

17. BRandM

Beautiful medal Yarm! The obverse portrait is stunning. Congratulations.

Bruce

18. mackwork

19. BRandM

XBAR 1.JPG XBAR 2.JPG
    I just received a small lot of counterstamps from an eBay auction and this was one of them. I'm not sure what the "X" logo stands for, but someone took the time to plane off the reverse and stamp it. It looks remotely familiar to me but I can't place it. At first I thought it might stand for the number "10", but it's pretty elaborate for that. Just stamping "10" would have been much easier. Anyone have any ideas?

Bruce

20. BRandM

Mitchell 1.JPG Zeidens 1.JPG JBK 9.JPG
    Here are three contemporary counterstamps I bought recently from collector Robert Merchant. Tom Mitchell is a N.J. coin collector who counterstruck coins as gifts to other collectors. This one was given to Merchant in 1994. Mitchell's issues are listed in Brunk as M-755 and in addition to this logo there is one stamped "Bob Mitchell / Ethiopia / 1973-75". I don't know the significance of "Ethiopia" stamped on these coins. Merchant also has an example of this one, but wouldn't sell it to me.

Zeiden's Pharmacy was located at 1164 S. 3rd St. for many years but is, apparently, out of business. The Third Avenue Cafe is located at that address today.

I believe the "Bomb Iran" counterstamp was struck in response to the 1979-1981 Iranian hostage crisis. The issuer of this one is actually a member of C/T and goes by the name JBK. His initials appear in very small letters under the bust of Jefferson on the reverse. I thought these were three interesting contemporaries that you guys might want to see. Thanks for looking.

Bruce

21. BRandM

JBK 10.JPG
    Here's the reverse of the "Bomb Iran" counterstamp showing the "JBK" initials

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted