Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

Oh my, that was funny! Great additions!

I passed up some other type Oregon Centennials once that were also listed around the time I got those I posted. I think I was buying a lot of other medals at the time and you just can't have everything. (Almost but not everything)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

1970 Christopher Kit Carson
    .999 Silver Medallic Art Co.

1970KitCarson999MedallicArtGallery.jpg

There were 7500 minted in silver and the same amount in bronze by The Medallic Art Co.
    I read his biography and he was one of the toughest men in the Wild West. A brutal Indian killer for sure.

KitCarsonportrait.jpg
    Born: December 24, 1809, Richmond, Kentucky
    Died: May 23, 1868, Fort Lyon, Colorado Territory

1968 Kit Carson New Mexico
    Bronze Medal

1968KitCarsonNMmedalGallery.jpg

There is no date on this medal, I am assuming it is probably minted 100 years after Kit Carson died. I do not know who made the medal at this time.

1968KitCarsonNMmedalArtwork.jpg Statue at the Kit Carson Memorial Fort Carson, CO.

The Kit Carson House is a historic house museum at 113 Kit Carson Road in central Taos, New Mexico.
    It stands a short way east of Taos's central plaza, on the north side of Kit Carson Road.

1968KitCarsonNMmedalArtwork2.jpg

It is a modest single-story adobe structure, built in 1825, that is an east-facing U shape with a central courtyard. The oldest portion of the house consists of the front three rooms, and the next room to the north. The interior of these rooms has been furnished in the Spanish Colonial and Territorial styles of the Carson period, while other rooms house museum offices and displays.

Kit Carson grew up in the frontier west, and became renowned as a fur trapper and guide on numerous United States Army expeditions against Native Americans. In 1843 he married Josefa Jarmillo, who was from a leading Taos family, and purchased this house. It remained the couple's principal home until 1868.

My 1949 Bowman Wild West card

1949C2BowmanKitCarsonFront.jpg

1949C2BowmanKitCarsonBack.jpg

4. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

1970 The Mayflower
    350th Anniversary
    1620-1970

1970MayflowerMedalOBV.jpg

1970MayflowerMedalREV.jpg

A large nickel based medal approximately 40 mm.
    I do not know who minted this (yet) but I have seen them in bronze as well.

Obverse: 350th Anniversary 1620-1970
    A Pilgrim couple standing on a rock.
    Reverse: The Ship That Founded A Nation - The Mayflower
    Image of The Mayflower at sea in full sail.

So yes, we all know that the Mayflower came to America with the Pilgrims but here's my condensed story, taken from various places and worded as short as possible.

The Pilgrim Fathers, or Pilgrims, originally were a group of religious reformers, or separatists, in Scrooby, Nottinghamshire.
    Scrooby Manor, William Brewster's home, became a meeting place for the dissenting Puritans.
    The group formed the Separatist Church of Scrooby.

The Scrooby congregation was persecuted by Tobias Matthew, Archbishop of York. Their homes were raided several members of the Scrooby separatists were imprisoned.
    In 1608 persecuted Scrooby separatists left England for Amsterdam Netherlands.
    In 1618 one of the Scrooby separatists, the church elder William Brewster, criticized the The King of England and the Anglican Church. Authorities in England go to the Netherlands to arrest Brewster but he escapes arrest.

Jamestown founder John Smith recently published a book
    "A Description of New England" and some of the separatists wanted to come to America as well and joined with others and hired two ships.

The Mayflower and another ship, The Speedwell were to both set sail for the mouth of the Hudson River.
    On September 6, 1620 The Mayflower left Plymouth bound for North America.
    There are rumors that that the master of The Speedwell had intentionally sabotaged his ship to avoid having to make the treacherous voyage to North America.

Some passengers abandoned the trip and returned with The Speedwell, while others joined the already over crowded Mayflower. The passengers total 102 people.
    Some were referred to as the "Saints" and others, the skilled craftsmen who were not religious separatists and were known as "Strangers".

They kept segregated to themselves on the 66 day voyage.
    When land was spotted The Mayflower was off course ending up on the tip of Cape Cod, conditions did not allow further sailing to the south and they first set foot on land on December 21, 1620.

1970MayflowerMedalArtwork.jpg

They selected a coastal site suitable for their settlement. They name it New Plymouth, after the English town from which the Mayflower departed.
    Before going ashore the passengers signed an agreement of rules,
    "The Mayflower Compact"
    to ensure peace between the two groups carried by the Mayflower ship to America.

The pilgrims suffered a terrible winter. Many died of disease and others from the harsh conditions without adequate shelter. 45 of the 102 Pilgrims died. I assume all of the passengers were "Pilgrims" at that point, both "Saints" and "Strangers" and learned to work together.
    Wampanoag Native American Indians led by Chief Massasoit taught the colonists farming techniques and helped them to survive in the colony.

1970MayflowerMedalArtwork2.jpg

The First Thanksgiving recognized by the Pilgrim Fathers was a celebration of the arrival of fresh supplies and new colonists in 1623. The First Thanksgiving celebration lasted for three days and featured a feast that included different types of waterfowl, wild turkeys and fish procured by the colonists, and five deer that were brought by friendly Native American Indians.

Eric the Red and dwhiz like this.
  5. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

It IS difficult to keep up with a speeding Locomotive . . . . . .

You wouldn't happen to need one of these would you? I might have a spare or two . . . . .

They are pretty big - 45mm.

Z

HK-12 Pacific Railway Completion restrike (yellow brass)

HK-12 (1869) Pacific Railway Completion (restrike) - obverse.JPG HK-12 (1869) Pacific Railway Completion (restrike) - reverse.JPG

6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

@ZoidMeister,
    I apricated the offer but I'll pass.
    Thanks anyway

7. dwhiz

@TheNickelGuy
    I wish it was a 3 leger

TheNickelGuy likes this.
  8. dwhiz

I still have this bag to go thru Bag o stuff.jpg

9. dwhiz

10. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

dwhiz
    Wish I could find one or two of those tiny inserts loose like that center image there. Like the Dowling House you have there.
    You would think people would find them and wonder what they were and post a question on the coin forums.
    I have a couple Big Lucky Penny and Lucky Nickels where they fell off and got lost.
    I think I am nostalgic for the big souvenirs from when I was a little kid. I think the neighbor or my cousin had one and I always liked them since.

dwhiz likes this.
  11. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

1914 Spanking the Kaiser
    Belgium Medal

1914SpankingtheKaiserBelgiumMedalGallery.jpg

1914 Belgian Satirical Silver Medal made by Bija shows who is probably Joseph Jacques Césaire Joffre, Commander-in-Chief of French forces on the Western Front depicted as "Spanking the Kaiser Pig".

Wilhelm II was the last German Emperor (Kaiser) and King of Prussia, ruling the German Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia from 15 June 1888 to 9 November 1918.
    He was the eldest grandchild of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom and related to many monarchs and princes of Europe, most notably, King George V of the United Kingdom and Emperor Nicholas II of Russia.

The story of The Kaiser and of WWI are just too long to condense here in a post.
    I will say that these Kings, Queens, Czars and Emperors, seem to me, to have all sent many a soldier to death over some jealous family issues.

I have seen a very similar medal with different wording for Liege Belgium and DÉPOSÉ stamped on the reverse and I have seen one of these with DÉPOSÉ stamped on the reverse.

This one reads
    Ah! La Bonne Correction 1914
    without DÉPOSÉ stamped on the reverse.
    This translates in French to English to
    "Ah! The correct correction"
    or maybe better yet to mean
    "This spanking serves the Kaiser well".

The medal is 28.3 mm in diameter and I am told it is made of silver. That it was tested and it came back 90% silver content, with a total weight of .272 ounces or 7.63 grams.
    It may be silver plated anyway.

Postcards etc

1914SpankingtheKaiserBelgiumMedalArtwork.jpg

12. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

1914-1918 WWI
    The British War Medal Silver

1914-1918BritishWarMedalSilverGeorgivsVOBV.jpg

1914-1918BritishWarMedalSilverGeorgivsVREV.jpg

1914-1918BritishWarMedalSilverGeorgivsVRibbon.jpg

Silver Medal (36 mm / 29,09 g), with hanger,
    Obv.: GEORGIVS V BRITT: OMN: REX ET IND: IMP: , (Georgius V Britanniarum Omnium; Rex Et Indiae; Imperator - "George 5th of all the Britons (British people); King of India; Emperor") , head of King George V. facing left.
    Rev.: 1914 - 1918 , man riding on a rearing horse.

The man shown is Saint George, the patron saint of England. He is shown naked, and is holding a short sword. This was supposed to symbolise the mental and physical strength that was needed to win the First World War.
    The horse is trampling a shield that showns the emblem of Prussia and the Axis Powers, which were the enemies the British and other Allies were fighting during World War One (the First World War). The horse is also trampling on a skull and cross-bones, and the rising sun, known as the Victory Sun can be seen by St. George's head.

1914-1918BritishWarMedalSilverGeorgivsVEdge.jpg

Edge: PNR is an acronym for Pioneer - WW1 RE
    and R.E. is an acronym for Royal Engineers

This medal was No. 93182 and was presented to J. Sneddon a Royal Engineer.

The Corps of Royal Engineers in the First World War

1914-1918BritishWarMedalSilverGeorgivsVArtwork2.jpg

The war of 1914-1918 relied on engineering. Without engineers there would have been no supply to the armies, because the RE’s maintained the railways, roads, water supply, bridges and transport. RE’s also operated the railways and inland waterways. There would have been no communications, because the RE’s maintained the telephones, wireless and other signalling equipment. There would have been little cover for the infantry and no positions for the artillery, because the RE’s designed and built the front-line fortifications. It fell to the technically skilled RE’s to develop responses to chemical and underground warfare. And finally, without the RE’s the infantry and artillery would have soon been powerless, as they maintained the guns and other weapons. Little wonder that the Royal Engineers grew into a large and complex organization.

1914-1918BritishWarMedalSilverGeorgivsVArtwork.jpg

The British War Medal was a medal given to people who had fought in the First World War. The medal was originally meant to be for people who had fought in the war between 5th August 1914 and 11th November 1918, but this was later changed to the years between 1914 and 1920. This was because a lot of people still lost their lives in the armed forces even after the war had ended, because they were clearing landmines or mines at sea.
    The British War Medal (often shortened to BWM) was awarded to both officers and men of the Royal Marines, Royal Navy, the Army and also the Dominion and Colonial Forces. The Dominion and Colonial Forces were the armed forces for the rest of the British Empire. To qualify for (be allowed to have) the medal, a member of the fighting forces had to have left his native country in any part of the British Empire whilst on military duty.
    There were over six and a half million British War Medals given out. Most of them are made of silver, but some rarer ones are made of bronze instead.

13. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

1965 Jefferson Davis
    Mississippi Statehood
    Medallic Art Co.
    Bronze Medal

1965jeffersondavisOBV2.jpg 1965jeffersondavisREV2.jpg

Kentucky born Jefferson Davis was an American politician who served as the only President of the Confederate States from 1861 to 1865. He was a member of the Democratic Party who represented Mississippi in the United States Senate and the House of Representatives prior to becoming president of the Confederacy. He was the 23rd United States Secretary of War, serving under U.S. President Franklin Pierce from 1853 to 1857.

Jefferson Davis served six years as a lieutenant in the United States Army. He fought in the Mexican–American War (1846–1848), as the colonel of a volunteer regiment. Davis raised a volunteer regiment, the 155th Infantry Regiment, becoming its colonel under the command of his former father-in-law, General Zachary Taylor.

After Davis was captured by Union forces on May 10 1865 at Irwinville in Irwin County, Georgia, he was accused of treason and imprisoned on May 19, 1865 in a casemate at Fortress Monroe on the coast of Virginia.
    Irons were riveted to his ankles at the order of General Nelson Miles who was in charge of the fort. Davis was allowed no visitors, and no books except the Bible. He was never tried and was released after two years.
    Before the American Civil War, he operated a large cotton plantation in Mississippi and owned as many as 74 slaves. After the Civil War most historians sharply criticize Davis for his flawed military strategy, his selection of friends for military commands, and his neglect of homefront crises.
    After his release from prison and pardon, Davis faced continued financial pressures, as well as an unsettled family life, he lost about everything he owned. He was a proud man and would not accept charity but most of his financial ventures were dismal.
    Davis had poor health for most of his life, including repeated bouts of malaria, battle wounds from fighting in the Mexican–American War and a chronic eye infection that made bright light painful. He also had a nerve disorder that caused severe pain in his face.

After the war, he contributed to reconciliation of the South with the North, but remained a symbol for Southern pride.

1965jeffersondavisArtwork.jpg

1966 Robert E Lee
    Virginia Statehood
    Medallic Art Co.
    Bronze Medal

1966RobertELeeBronzeOBV2.jpg 1966RobertELeeBronzeREV2.jpg

Robert Edward Lee was an American and Confederate soldier, best known as a commander of the Confederate States Army. He commanded the Army of Northern Virginia in the American Civil War from 1862 until his surrender in 1865. A son of Revolutionary War officer Henry "Light Horse Harry" Lee III, Lee was a top graduate of the United States Military Academy and an exceptional officer and military engineer in the United States Army for 32 years. During this time, he served throughout the United States, distinguished himself during the Mexican–American War, and served as Superintendent of the United States Military Academy.

When Virginia declared its secession from the Union in April 1861, Lee chose to follow his home state, despite his desire for the country to remain intact and an offer of a senior Union command.
    During the first year of the Civil War, Lee served as a senior military adviser to Confederate President Jefferson Davis.

In the summer of 1863, Lee invaded the North again, marching through western Maryland and into south central Pennsylvania. He encountered Union forces under George G. Meade at the three-day Battle of Gettysburg in Pennsylvania in July. That battle would produce the largest number of casualties in the American Civil War.

1963GettysburgHighWaterMACOArt1.jpg

14. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Germany - Souvenir Tokens
    Composition (Non-magnetic alloy, golden color)
    Weight 12.7 g
    Size 30.17 mm
    Thickness 2.42 mm
    Shape Round
    Orientation Medal alignment ↑↑
    Number N# 25786
    20220210_224237 (2).jpg 20220210_224340 (2).jpg

15. dwhiz

16. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

1969 Augustus Saint-Gaudens
    New Hampshire Statehood
    Medallic Art Co.
    Bronze Medal

1969GaudensMedArtCoGallery.jpg

Like most of my president and statehood Medallic Art Co. medals they reside in a small box and some have accompanying literature.

1969GaudensBOX.jpg

Augustus Saint-Gaudens began his artistic career as an apprentice cameo cutter in his teens. He immigrated from Ireland.

SaintGaudens.jpg

A cameo bracelet he cut.
    SaintGaudenscameo.jpg

He sculpted many beautiful and famous statues, busts and medallions over his lifetime.
    Most coin collectors admire the Ten Dollar Indian and Twenty Dollar Double Eagle and consider them a pair of the most beautiful United States coins.

1926Indian10dollarms63OBVlist2.jpg

1926Indian10dollarms63REVlist2.jpg

1927StGaudens20DollarMS63PCGSoghGalleery.jpg

I am fortunate to own two graded example in MS63 for my type set.

I also have a large silver medal of Diana the Huntress. These don't show up very often.

1975FranklinMintAmerArtTreas1892DianaStGaudensGallery.jpg

1975 rather scarce sterling medal from the Treasures of American Art set of 100 medals.
    It has an image of a beautiful sculpture of the famous Augustus Saint-Gaudens.

Diana – also known as Diana of the Tower – is an iconic statue by sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
    The first version was destroyed by fire and what was left of the top half was either lost or discarded. I wouldn't mind finding that!
    Once a famous New York City landmark, the second version stood atop the tower of Madison Square Garden from 1893 to 1925. Since 1932, it has been in the collection of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

Diana was the goddess of the hunt, the moon, and nature in Roman mythology, associated with wild animals and woodland, and having the power to talk to and control animals. She was equated with the Greek goddess Artemis, though she had an independent origin in Italy.
    Diana was known as the virgin goddess of childbirth and women. She was one of the three maiden goddesses, along with Minerva and Vesta, who swore never to marry.
    Oak groves and deer were especially sacred to her. Diana was born with her twin brother, Apollo, on the island of Delos, daughter of Jupiter and Latona. She made up a triad with two other Roman deities; Egeria the water nymph, her servant and assistant midwife; and Virbius, the woodland god.

dwhiz, Eric the Red, Chris B and 2 others like this.
  17. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

Big Lucky Nickel
    Buffalo Bill's Grave
    Lookout Mountain Colorado

BigBuffCodyObv.JPG

BigBuffCodyRev.JPG

On January 10th 1917, Buffalo Bill died while visiting his sister’s home in Denver. According to his wife Louisa it was his choice that he be buried on Lookout Mountain overlooking Denver and the Plains.
    On June 3, 1917, Buffalo Bill was buried on Lookout Mountain, a promontory with spectacular views of both the mountains and plains, places where he had spent the happiest times of his life.

Buffalo Bill's wife Louisa was buried next to her husband four years later. That year, 1921, the Buffalo Bill Memorial Museum was opened.
    Millions of persons have visited Buffalo Bill’s grave in the years since 1917. It is one of the top visitor attractions in Denver and Colorado.

A postcard
    BuffaloBillsGrave.jpg

1930's Long's Peak
    Big Lucky Nickel

1930sLongsPeakLuckyNickelOBV.jpg

1930sLongsPeakLuckyNickelREV.jpg

Longs Peak is a high and prominent mountain summit in the northern Front Range of the Rocky Mountains of North America. The 14,259-foot fourteener is located in the Rocky Mountain National Park Wilderness near the Town of Estes Park, Colorado, United States. Longs Peak is the northmost "fourteener" and is one of 53 Colorado summits with at least 14,000 feet of elevation and at least 300 feet of topographic prominence.
    It is the highest point in Boulder County and Rocky Mountain National Park.

The mountain was named in honor of explorer Stephen Harriman Long and is featured on the Colorado state quarter.
    The peak is named for Major Stephen Long, who is said to be the first to spot the great mountains on behalf of the U.S. Government on June 30, 1820.
    The first recorded ascent was in August 23, 1868 by the surveying party of John Wesley Powell via the south side.
    Addie Alexander was the first woman to summit Longs Peak in 1871.

1930s Lucky Penny
    Home Sweet Home

1930sLuckyPennyHomeSweetHomeOBV.jpg

1930sLuckyPennyHomeSweetHomeREV.jpg

I'm such a sucker for these big souvenir pennies and nickels if they are a bit uncommon and in nice condition.
    I wish there was a website for collectors of these so that we could identify them further.
    Anyway, here's a new one that I have not seen very often and certainly not in this good of shape.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    dwhiz, Eric the Red, Chris B and 3 others like this.
  18. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Thank God those are some scary looking women. LOL

dwhiz likes this.
  19. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

I've got this Army & Navy medal that I picked up on a whim seeing it at the coin store, pretty fun mystery as I'm still not exactly sure where it came from. Also got this copper round as a gift not too long ago, I really like how it looks. Gadsden Round Rev.jpg Gadsden Round Obv.jpg Service Challenge Coin Obv.jpg Service Challenge Coin Rev.jpg

dwhiz, Eric the Red and TheNickelGuy like this.
  20. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

2017 WHITE WHALE Privateer
    2 troy oz .999 Silver

2017WHITEWHALEPrivateer2troyozOBV.jpg

2017WHITEWHALEPrivateer2troyozREV.jpg

Although this silver 2 oz Privateer round does not have the name Moby Dick on it, I am sure that this is "The Great White Whale" and The whaling ship "Pequod" shown under attack.

This classic story by Herman Melville revolves around Captain Ahab and his obsession with a huge whale, Moby Dick. The whale caused the loss of Ahab's leg years before, leaving Ahab to stomp the boards of his ship on a peg leg. Ahab is so crazed by his desire to kill the whale, that he is prepared to sacrifice everything, including his life, the lives of his crew members, and even his ship to find and destroy his nemesis, Moby Dick.

There are two movies I love to watch.
    One of course, which I consider the better with Gregory Peck. The other with Patrick Stewart, who both play Captain Ahab. Both are great and I have read and own an old copy of the book.

2017WHITEWHALEPrivateer2troyozArtwork.jpg

21. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

2020 Annie Oakley Wild West Legends
    Intaglio Mint
    2 Oz Silver Round

2020AnnieOakley2oz999SilverArtRoundOBV.jpg

2020AnnieOakley2oz999SilverArtRoundREV.jpg

( Bio from The Intaglio Mint page regarding this silver round. )

Born August 13, 1860, Phoebe Ann Moses, to Jacob and Susan (Wise) Moses, Quakers who had migrated from Pennsylvania to Darke County, Ohio, where they rented a farm. She was the sixth of seven children and called “Annie” by all of her sisters. Her father died of pneumonia in 1866, and her mother, unable to support her children, sent Annie to live at the Darke County Infirmary, the county poorhouse when Annie was only nine years old.
    When she was ten years old, she agreed to become a servant for a local farming family. She lived in near slavery conditions for the next two years before running away back to the Infirmary. Shortly after, she returned home to find that her mother had re-married and had another child, but the new husband had died, leaving the family to fend for themselves again.
    Annie first shot a gun before she was sent away, and upon the return to her family, she ended up supporting her family by hunting and trapping. It was said that she could shoot a quail in the head leaving the rest of the bird completely free of any buckshot. She sold game to the local restaurants and hotels. She later claimed to be such a successful hunter and trapper that she had paid the mortgage on the family farm.

As a young woman, Annie met Francis “Frank” Butler while he was performing his traveling marksman show in Cincinnati, Ohio. Part of the show was accepting challenges from local marksman to matches. A local hotel owner set up a competition between Annie and Frank, which took place on Thanksgiving day. Frank was shocked that his challenger was a 15-year-old girl standing only five feet tall, who won the competition after he missed his 25th shot. Soon after that, they began a courtship and married in Windsor, Canada, in 1882.
    Annie took the stage name of “Annie Oakley” when she began performing with Frank in his show. The name “Oakley” is believed to have come from the “Oakley” neighborhood in Cincinnati, where Annie and Frank lived after they were wed. Annie Oakley turned out to be a bigger draw than Frank, and she became the showcase act, performing solo in the show.

In 1884, Sitting Bull, the Sioux (Lakota) spiritual leader and medicine man saw Annie in a show and was so intrigued that after the show he asked to meet her. She gave him a signed photo, and he gave her a pair of moccasins he had worn at Little Bighorn and the nickname “Wayanya Cicilla,” Little Sure Shot.

Also in 1884, Annie and Frank met “Buffalo Bill” Cody while performing in a circus in New Orleans. In early 1885, after negotiations, Frank and Annie joined “Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show” and went on performing with the show for 16 seasons.
    Her skill with many firearms endeared audiences to her at the show. At 90 feet, she could shoot a dime, the cork out of a bottle, and put candles out.

In 1887, the show traveled to London as part of the American Exhibition. They gave many performances for the royal family, and on May 11, they performed for Queen Victoria who bowed deeply when the American flag came into the arena. It was the first time a British Monarch had saluted the American Flag, and the audience and performers roared their approval.
    Annie was a celebrity, and it was reported that she was the top earner in Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show.
    In 1892, when the show returned to the US, Annie and Frank bought a house in New Jersey where they lived between tours.
    In 1901, after an accident on a passenger train they were traveling on, Annie decided to retire. She had been touring continuously for over 20 years, and the sharpshooter was now 41 years old.
    In 1912, Annie and Frank build a house on Maryland’s eastern shore. The roofline was constructed so Annie could step out onto it and shoot game off the Choptank River.

In November of 1922, Annie was involved in a car accident in Florida where she fractured her hip and ankle. Although the brace she had to wear after that kept her from performing again, it did not keep her from shooting and hunting.
    Over the next four years, her health started to decline, and on November 3, 1926, she died of pernicious anemia at the age of 66. Frank mourned so deeply, he stopped eating altogether and died 18 days later on November 21. They are buried at Brock Cemetery near Greenville, Ohio.

2020AnnieOakley2oz999SilverArtRoundArtwork.jpg

2020 Buffalo Bill Wild West Legends

Intaglio Mint
    1 Oz Silver Round

2020BuffaloBillIntaglioMint1ozOBV.jpg

2020BuffaloBillIntaglioMint1ozREV.jpg

I have numerous Buffalo Bill medals, collectibles and other ephemera. The Annie Oakley round is awesome so I thought I'd pick up this other medal from the Wild West Legends series from the Intaglio Mint in Denver CO.

A vintage post card from the "Roadside America" attraction
    Fort Cody Trading Post in North Platte Nebraska.

2020BuffaloBillIntaglioMint1ozArtwork.JPG

dwhiz, Eric the Red and Chris B like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted