Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ZoidMeister

I am HOPELESSLY ADDICTED to old silver . . . . . .

Z

HK-870 (1933) Colorado's Century of Progress Dollar (Type IV)

HK-870 (1933) Colorado's Century of Progress Dollar (Type IV) - obverse.JPG HK-870 (1933) Colorado's Century of Progress Dollar (Type IV) - reverse.JPG

longnine009, alurid, dwhiz and 4 others like this.
  4. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Here's a volunteer firemen's Medal made by the US Mint! There's a statue of this monument in Berks County, PA, I think it's still there. I bought this Medal, no I'm not a fire fighter, but I like the old Medals that were made by the US Mint. :D If you look at the reverse on the 1879 Token in the link below, that's how I determined it was made by the US Mint, in short I'm guessing as it could have been made by a US Mint employee as many had private die sinker businesses back in the day! ;) Maybe @johnmilton knows? :shame: I don't mind being wrong as long as I learn something!! :happy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1879-2nd-R...100745?hash=item1f1f89a5c9:g:j2gAAOSwojRgNFM2

firemenpennaa.JPG firemenpennab.JPG firemenpennac.JPG firemenpennad.JPG firemenpennae.JPG firemenpennaf.JPG

beaver96, longnine009, alurid and 3 others like this.
  5. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I was a volunteer Firefighter for a number of years, retiring at the Chief level. I think this token is EXTREMELY cool! I never knew it existed and I thank you for sharing! I will be on the hunt for this one from now on!

fretboard likes this.
  6. fretboard

Glad you like it! :D

Bambam8778 likes this.
  7. fretboard

I just realized, the reverse on the 1901 Firemen's Medal above, is definitely a US Mint Medal as the same reverse is on the William Penn's 1882 Parade/Employees Token. Here's a few more, some I got recently and some I've had for awhile. :D The 1908 "Fighting Bob" Token is also So Called Dollar HK-351, I sold one years ago, regretted it so I bought this other one! ;)

Change 015.JPG Change 019.JPG Dec 2011 022.JPG Dec 2011 021.JPG IMG_0435.JPG IMG_0437.JPG IMG_0478.JPG IMG_0481.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG

beaver96, longnine009, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  8. ZoidMeister

Nice TAMS medal . . . .

Z

IMG_1865.JPG IMG_1866.JPG

9. fretboard

Very nice @ZoidMeister! You must have a massive collection, good on you and I'm thinking you're hooked on this hobby just like I am, maybe even more! 112.gif

ZoidMeister likes this.
  10. ZoidMeister

I need to find me one of those.

Z

11. ZoidMeister

Ain't dat da troof . . . .

Just a few. I have many more pichers to take as time permits.

Z

IMG_1472.JPG 1868 Pope Pius IX  Vatican - Raphael Loggias - reverse #1.jpg 1861 Belgian Art Festival Medal - Welcoming Angel-Bull Harvest - obverse.JPG 1844 German Industrial Exhibition - Railroad Medal - obverse.JPG 1844 German Industrial Exhibition - Railroad Medal - reverse.JPG (c. 1890) Vernon Silver Train Medal - obverse.JPG 1861 Belgian Art Festival Medal - Welcoming Angel-Bull Harvest - reverse.JPG 1905 Pike's Peak - 39th National Encampment Grand Army of the Republic - @obverse.JPG 1894 Belgian Antwerp Exposition - Universelle D.Anverse  Leopold II - reverse.JPG

12. ZoidMeister

13. ZoidMeister

14. fretboard

That's amazing @ZoidMeister as you have some big ticket Medals, meaning some are well over $75! I love that Una and the Lion Token you have, I bought a gold 1997 years ago and it's one of my favs. I have a couple that you have, like the Colorado Silver and Hart's Playing Cards Token but your collection is truly 'Top Shelf' compared to my stuff, good on you! :D Love your Foreign Medals, very nice! thumbsup.gif

$(KGrHqIOKpcE5k7N7jBDBOc!T-tpv!__60_3.jpg $(KGrHqMOKiME5d-BywOtBOc!UE3qJQ__60_3.jpg $(KGrHqMOKpQE5U-snNn7BOc!T+qCng__60_3.jpg

15. ZoidMeister

I need to show you a piece of commissioned numismatic artwork that I just got final pictures from the artist.

Not completely sure how I will debut it on the forum . . .

They ship to me on Monday, I hope to have them in hand before next weekend.

I don't think I've ever been this excited about something.

Z

fretboard and dwhiz like this.
  16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

@fretboard I had to check it out as I do get to Reading, PA once in awhile.
    Physical address:
    1100 Perkiomen Avenue
    Reading, PA USA
    https://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMYPF5_Volunteer_Firefighters_Memorial_Reading_PA Volunteer_Firefighters_Memorial.jpg

17. fretboard

ZoidMeister and dwhiz like this.
  18. ZoidMeister

19. ZoidMeister

20. ZoidMeister

21. The Eidolon

The Eidolon Well-Known Member

Another Conder Token. I think this brings me up to 6.
    UK Halfpenny Token, Hampshire, 1794
    Ob: PROMISSORY HALFPENNY
    Rev: PRO BONO PUBLICO 1794
    Edge: PAYABLE AT I. IORDANS DRAPER GOSPORT X X X
    I'm very happy with this one, because it is in better shape than most of my other tokens, but only cost me $5!
    ob.jpg rev.jpg edge 1.jpg edge 2.jpg edge 3.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted