Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Capitola Flour Token Polish_20210110_175554258.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

4. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Here's an interesting one. A pre-Hobby Protection Act restrike reproduction, from the 1950's or 1960's I believe.

Z

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    fretboard, Jwt708, dwhiz and 3 others like this.
  5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Man, I am so happy to see so many new Token and Medal collectors! :D It's a blast to see all the new items shown in this thread, it's gotten huge! Here's a number of new ones for me! :cigar:

wash1.jpg wash2.jpg mckinley2.jpg mckinley1.jpg georgew1.jpg georgew2.jpg georgew4.jpg georgew5.jpg tailor1.jpg tailor2.jpg

6. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Picked a few tokens today at a flea market including a Wooden Nickel, an Italian Telephone Token, a NYC Tri-Boro Bridge token, a DC Metro token, a NO CASH VALUE/Eagle token (from where, I have no idea), a WILDWOOD NJ Boardwalk Tram Car token and a PEEP SHOW token from Show World on 42nd St :)

NEW-TOKENS.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  7. ZoidMeister

Here's an eclectic mix . . . .

Z

Screenshot_20210104-122447_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210104-122443_eBay.jpg

JEL obverse.jpg

JEL reverse.jpg

IMG_1594.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

alurid, Jwt708, Circus and 4 others like this.
  8. ZoidMeister

Hey Fret,

At the risk of opening . . . .

Pandora's box.jpeg

Have you ever perused this website?

http://tokencatalog.com/index.php

I've been logging a few of my finds lately. I keep a spreadsheet of acquisitions and hyperlink each entry to an existing or new catalog page.

Here is an entry I recently added.

http://tokencatalog.com/token_recor...=511962&attribution_id=622758&record_offset=6

Enjoy the rabbit hole . . .

Z

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    alurid, dwhiz and longnine009 like this.
  9. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Bradely Lumber & MFG. aluminum, 1.8 grams 28mm, rotated, Ashepoo, South Carolina. I really like towns with unusual sounding names. I thought for sure that Ashepoo had something to do with residue from milling Ash trees, ie bark, sawdust, scraps or whatever lumber folks would consider to be unwanted tree "poo."
    Turns out Ashepoo is the name of a small Indian tribe that belong to a larger tribe called the Cusabo. And the name Ashepoo is suppose to mean river dwelling. There is also a nearby Ashepoo River.
    Source: Tony Chibbaro--Numismatics of South Carolina Merchant Trade Tokens

20210110_214012~2.jpg 20210110_214026~2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  10. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

I always liked the name of Ashtabula from the forks for motocross BMX back in the 70s. Only later did I find out it was a city in NY where they were made.

ZoidMeister and longnine009 like this.
  11. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

These arrived yesterday 2021 OHNS 4.jpg 2017 Owl B-horz.jpg

12. stairstars

stairstars Well-Known Member

Here are the Paramount Pictures tokens and medals, as I mentioned in my post above:
    Par Medals tokens.PNG
    The palace is from the 1935 California Pacific International Exposition which contained a History Of Hollywood exhibit containing Mary Pickford and Charlie Chaplin artifacts. These are the same buildings used on the US struck commemorative half dollar. Still a mystery, is the significance of the sailing ship.

alurid, fretboard, Jwt708 and 5 others like this.
  13. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

14. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

dwhiz likes this.
  15. ZoidMeister

I will second that ^^^ . . . .

Z

dwhiz and longnine009 like this.
  16. ZoidMeister

I've haven't seen one reference to these on CT since doing my research.

I'll need to feature it in a thread of it's own. It's huge, coming in at 70mm and weighing 128.5g, it's the largest medal I currently own.

It just arrived today. @dwhiz it even has a couple trains near the top.

Enjoy.

Z

IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

IMG_1619-2.jpg

IMG_1616.JPG

17. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

18. fretboard

Yes, great site and I have a couple or more that I've listed on that site as well. Memory not working too good today, but I've posted at least 2 on that website! Here's a Counter Token I bought before Xmas and I just barely received it today, got it from Lithuania. ;) It's very unusual because it has a copy stamp on the reverse of it. Looks like a Laurer from the Spiel Mark guys but who knows! :cigar:

1882a.jpg 1882d.jpg 1882b.jpg 1882c.jpg IMG_0241.jpg

19. ZoidMeister

That COPY stamp is VERY discreet. It took me a minute to find it.

I like . . . . .!

Z

20. fretboard

Here's a couple more Tokens I got today. In case you don't know it, collecting Tokens and Medals can become extremely addicting! :oops: Each time I buy one, I tell myself it'll be my last one! :D More information on the 1850's Anti-Tobacco Temperance Token below. The Temperance Society used to be huge in the 1800's and beyond! :cigar:

"George Trask, a Massachusetts minister who founded the American Anti-Tobacco Society in 1850, visited schools around the country and urged young people to take the Band of Hope pledge: "I hereby solemnly promise to abstain from the use of all Intoxicating Liquors as a beverage; I also promise to abstain from the use of Tobacco in all forms, and all Profane Language." In the 1890s Lucy Page Gaston adopted a similar strategy, leading boys and girls in the Clean Life Pledge: "I hereby pledge myself with the help of God to abstain from all intoxicating liquors as a beverage and from the use of tobacco in any form."

IMG_0246.jpg IMG_0247.jpg 1896a.jpg 1896b.jpg

21. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

A temperance (?) token I have had for some time. Appears to have been gilded at one time. 1850 GB Token obv.JPG 1850 GB Token rev.JPG

dwhiz, alurid, fretboard and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted