Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Base metal commemorative.

DSCN3021.JPG DSCN3022.JPG

ewomack, dwhiz, longnine009 and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lowle harrison

lowle harrison Well-Known Member

@Circus what's the accepted way to measure a scalloped example? Long edge to edge or the die face edges?

Attached Files:

longnine009 likes this.
  4. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

I have no idea it never came up before just the total dia

5. yarm

yarm Junior Member

Makerfield plowing society award medal 1887

P1010256 (2)2 cropped-horz.jpg

6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I found my soft brass wire brush. That cleaned it up a little better. wire brushed 1.jpg wire brushed 2.jpg

7. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

This Chuck E. is close in age to the Putt-Putt token posted earlier. I remember Putt-Putt fondly, but I don't remember ever being given a token at one. But I was really young, so perhaps my parents handled the token transaction?

ChuckE01.png ChuckE02.png

8. lowle harrison

the reason I asked is some catalogs measure edge to edge. Token Catalog is measuring die face. I like to know EVERYTHING about my tokens to avoid any returns for not as described.

9. lowle harrison

I have just a couple of those. My 1983 has the reverse but a totally different obv. I don't collect these so I don't know when they registered their trademark or added the town names.

10. lowle harrison

all attributed and measured long edge to long edge...F.O.E. 427 what a fab. find...348 units

Attached Files:

11. lowle harrison

12. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Just a Specimen. Very reflective.
    20190426_202600.jpg 20190426_202613.jpg

13. lowle harrison

14. lowle harrison

15. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

The seller took really good pictures of this coin. So good I couldn't tell the coin was in an acrylic block. I kept it anyway.

DSCN3051.JPG DSCN3050.JPG

16. lowle harrison

17. lowle harrison

Seems like a much more stately resting place than a TPG plastic coffin. I like it!

gronnh20 likes this.
  18. lowle harrison

19. lowle harrison

the 2nd token with the triangle center hole is the Seattle Muni. Railways, signature of D W Henderson Supt. WA780C. Minted between the City of Seattle's acquisition of the Puget Sound Traction, Light and Power Co. in 1919 as a transitional token from the Five Cent Fare to an 8 and 1/3 fare eventually crippling the city owned railway in 1926. The design of the steel 780C and the white metal 780E was obsoleted in 1921. The SMR only ran as school transportation from 1921-26 before the automobile and poor fiscal management tanked the Railway in 1926.

20. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Don't see Exo type tokens much, especially Good for 35c. I wish it had some decent wear or a scar or two. Trade tokens, IMO, should look a bit rough, like they got their hands dirty along the way or got into a good fight. They should resemble Johnny Cash when he was kicking not Justin Bieber preening in the mirror.

M/A, 1.4grams, 26mm, aluminum, very heavy die polish on obverse.

20200421_131002.jpg 20200421_131020.jpg

21. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Here's an 1860 Wide Awakes Token, if you've never heard of them, they were a President Abe Lincoln affiliate. Personally, I don't know much about them at all, other than they're rare! :D Here's a couple other's I recently added to my collection! Oh, the Brooklyn Bridge Token is a George Soley he minted on or around in 1883! All are seller's pics! :D Would
    11967a.jpg 11967b.jpg 1179-l940 1.jpg 1179-l940 2.jpg 807a.jpg 807b.jpg 873a.jpg 873b.jpg 1094a.jpg 1094b.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted