Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Nice! I "deployed" there from Cannon many years ago. Interesting to not, Anderson AB tokens tend to sell for high prices but I was fortunate to snag this one for a very reasonable price.

longnine009 and gronnh20 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    British Guianan Guilder

4. Circus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These tokens were given out if the attendant checked the belts and hoses if the mystery car pulled into the stations same reverse

5. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

DSCN2822.JPG DSCN2820.JPG

Obv: CHRISTIAN DEN FIERDE; Christian the Fiery
    Rev: HAN STOD SOM HELT VED HOJEN MAST; He was standing at the top of the tower
    AF HAVETS SKJOD MIN BORG HAN RESISTE; Out of the sea my castle he resurrected
    TO SECLER SVANDT_END STAAER; Two Centuries Disappeared
    KONG CHRISTIANS BORS; King Christian's Bosom
    C A MUHLE NOVIT : F E C; Sculptor; Knows him perfectly: F E C
    1824 41mm

A medal to honor the Danish King Christian IV.

6. lowle harrison

lowle harrison Well-Known Member

ca CM200304-201633002.jpg me in today....

Attached Files:

ldhair, alurid, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  7. Circus

8. Circus

9. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

And before manufactured "artists."

10. longnine009

Jwt708 and Circus like this.
  11. Circus

12. lowle harrison

I love that. Is it an elongated? Any idea what kind of cent they used to roll it?

13. mammoth29

mammoth29 Well-Known Member

14. longnine009

Trade token: Opera Confectionery, Idaho Springs, Colorado. Idaho Springs was at one time a very busy gold rush town, reaching a population of 12,000. It was home to the Argo tunnel which was four miles of tunnels connecting different mines to a central tunnel. The idea was to drain water from the mines and to direct the gold to a single point where it made it's way to the Argo mill for refinement and smelting. The Argo tunnel took 17 years to complete and, when completed, supposedly, was the the largest tunnel system in the world.

As for Idaho Springs it supposedly was named after an Idaho Indian Chief who travelled there each year to bath in the mineral hot springs which he believed held healing powers--- perhaps as mysterious as his name. But that's okay. I love towns that appear to be misplaced. :)

Aluminum, M/A, 1.4 grams, 23.5 mm

20200303_055448.jpg 20200303_055521.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  15. longnine009

^ I wonder if there's a connection,
    between miners and confections,
    their work had to be brutal,
    and they didn't have Ramen noodles,
    but maybe a sugar boom,
    carried them to the saloon.

Unfortunately, google was of no use.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Jwt708 likes this.
  16. Circus

Don't every remember anything in any of my mining histories mentioning sugar highs. about the the only mention of sweets is in lunch pails a lot of the miners of Welsh and Scandinavian descent.m would have pasties in there lunch pails, Rutabaga,onion, beef, pork, potatoes in a pastry crust. some would have that filling in 3/4 of it and the other 1/4 would be a sweet mix for desert. Depending on where their were from the mixture would vary. We have some pasties in the freezer right now and they are a quick dinner about once a week with gravy over them. You can google them for more info. But that's about the only thing sweet I've read.

longnine009 likes this.
  17. Circus

18. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

# 10 of a 1972 series by Toivo Johnson.
    #10 (1).jpg #10 (2).jpg

19. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

A#1-vert.jpg I took my 1944-S walker hobo and made it into pin for my hat

20. lowle harrison

any members north of the border recognize this Bus Line? There's a Kingston Ontario but theirs was Kingston Street Railway. Kingston NY according to the book never went by this name. s-l1600 (10).jpg s-l1600 (11).jpg

21. longnine009

Harrisburg Coin Club: featuring post trader John Harris Sr. Bronze, M/A, 17.2 grams, 30mm.

John Harris Sr. was a post trader on the Sasqushannah river. He later operated a ferry across the river. And even later was granted 800 acres of land that is today part of downtown Harrisburg.

The Harrisburg Coin Club looks to be a pretty cool club. They have their own web site with posted videos for beginners. They have even done some news interviews promoting numismatics. :)

20200303_053638.jpg 20200303_054647.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted