Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

Very nice cash register Sammy. Its a real beauty.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

Pen containing bits of shredded Japanese Yen. Given to visitors of the Bank of Japan.

Attached Files:

4. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

Heres a gold cane top that I have from the 1850s or so. I believe it was originally Cornelius K Garrisons. Who was a fairly famous Mayor of san Francisco in the 1950s. Had a couple books written on him and apparently he was a savvy business man on top of a great mayor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. yarm

yarm Junior Member

Just to close the loop on this, the Crystal Palace had various reincarnations in the UK starting in 1851. Pinches produced this beautiful obverse for the 1854 Crystal Palace exhibition in Sydenham (British Historical Medal 2549) in 42mm and 63mm sizes and various metals. It pictures the Crystal Palace building on the reverse. The obverse design was subsequently used for prize medals including this one awarded in 1891.

[​IMG]

The 42mm white metal version has also (erroneously) been included in Hibler-Kappen's work on So-Called Dollars for the Crystal Palace in New York as HK-8a.

http://www.so-calleddollars.com/Events/Crystal_Palace.html

MKent, 49ers and geekpryde like this.
  6. jhinton

jhinton Well-Known Member

Just picked up these lottery Tickets!
    Lottery Tickets front.jpg Lottery Tickets back.jpg

7. jhinton

jhinton Well-Known Member

Check this out!

Heritage Description:
    Republican National Convention Philadelphia June 19, 1900 Guest's Ticket.
    William McKinley of Ohio for President and Theodore Roosevelt of New York for Vice President were nominated at this convention. This ticket engraved by E.A. Wright is unused and has retained its stub. The upper left corner is a little rounded. Uncirculated.

Republican National Convention Ticket Front.jpg
    Republican National Convention Ticket back.jpg

8. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

Is this your photography?

9. yarm

yarm Junior Member

"Is this your photography?"

Yes, but the photographic award was not for me! ;)

10. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Here's one I just bought recently:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

49ers likes this.
  11. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Beautiful toning on your CWT coleguy. I love blue toning like that.

Bruce

12. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

Great looking photography.

13. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

A couple of elongated recent pickups.

Attached Files:

14. AnkurJ

AnkurJ New Member

A few favorites:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MKent, Paul M., 49ers and 2 others like this.
  15. MVC

MVC Senior Member

16. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Ankur:

That gold (?) presentation medal is beautiful.

Tell us more about it, like how when & where you got it, plus its history.

17. riff

riff I ain't got time to bleed

here is one i found yesterday. they messed this one up and stamped it twice. i now have two of these stamped pennies, the other being stamped with north dakota.. IMG_0404[1].jpg

18. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

These counterstamped cents are interesting riff. There are so many different things stamped on these coins...hearts, 4-leaf clovers, Easter bunnies, all 50 states, Mayan symbols, masonic symbols, etc. etc. I think there's a complete set of the states counterstamps on eBay right now, all in an album. Did you get your two from circulation?

Bruce

19. riff

riff I ain't got time to bleed

yes. i found them in $25 bricks.

20. goincarcrazy

goincarcrazy Spends His Money On Money

A love token I've had since I was around 10 years old. A friend of the family gave it to me in a box of random foreign stuff (the lot that got me into collecting in the first place).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. AnkurJ

AnkurJ New Member

This medal was rewarded by President Grover Cleavland in 1885 to Captain Guenberg of the German ship Ceres for his rescue of the crew of the Josie M Anderson. The ship, Josie M Anderson, departed from Perth Amboy, NJ and was going to Port Royal, South Carolina. It hit rough waters so it stopped at Sandy Hook. When it departed, the rough weather continued and the ship started taking on water. The German ship rescued the entire crew. This medal is very close to home, as I live in the town where Grover Cleavland was born. And I have visited Perth Amboy and Sandy Hook in New Jersey many times as well.

I bought it from dealer JK Americana. I love the piece and hope it stays in my family! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted