Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Looks like 1855

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Most recent find. First one I've ever had.I thought it looked genuine so I bought it.
    exnu (220).jpg exnu (222).jpg exnu (221).jpg

Wehwalt, H8_modern, ExoMan and 7 others like this.
  4. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

Possibly a hom
    Copy Empire circa 390-412 A.D which bordered Freedonia to the West and Winterfell to the North

View attachment 992330 [/QUOTE]

Lots of these around. At least they are marked copy to avoid fooling people.

5. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

I have two boxes of the 2 1/4 by 3 1/2 high sulphur coin envelopes from NEW OLD STOCK plus a bunch of loose ones. If you would like to run some experiments on toning give me your mailing address via private message and I'll gift you some.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  6. CoinHawkeye

CoinHawkeye Well-Known Member

yep, it is a 1855-S

7. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

8. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

alurid likes this.
  9. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

alurid likes this.
  10. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

[​IMG]
    Blank reverse, Heavy wear plating worn off probably from carrying lots of change with as a pocket peice.
    Michael Cervalntes Saavdra the author of Don Quixote

lordmarcovan, Jwt708 and longnine009 like this.
  11. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

This token appears to be good for 1 dinner at the Zuckerfabik theater in Frankenthal, Germany. Cannot tell how old it is but the theater apparently still is open and has events.
    PhotoEditor_20191006_113308601.jpg

12. Circus

13. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

I turned up this 1897 Victoria Diamond Jubilee Medallion today. Measures about 29mm and appears to be silver. Struggling to learn more about it - the GM Lima on the bust is the same as on the Valparaiso medallion that I can see online, but I have not found any others with the Callao on the obverse. Callao is a city port adjacent to Lima, so it makes sense, though why Peru was celebrating Queen Victoria's jubilee so much I don't know.
    1897 Jub med 1-horz.jpg

gronnh20, alurid, BRandM and 4 others like this.
  14. Circus

15. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

16. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Pleiku AF Base: Cunningham VN 3890e, plated brass, 2.2 grams 18mm.
    It's the proverbial fish scale. Same both sides.

Pleiku Air Force Base was a joint Base operated and maintained by the USAF.
    The base was also home to USAF Air Commando Squadrons. I posted before about them in reference to the Pleiku Air Force open mess token. They were busy people. Their greatest duty seems to have been Skyraider missions against the Ho chi Minh trail.

I don't believe the strategic importance of the Ho chi Minh trail was ever lost on anyone in that war. The North poured as much into keeping the trail open as we did trying to shut it down.
    It was a big job. It ran through Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. It was 50 miles wide in some spots, and covered in jungle canopy--double and triple canopy in some areas. And of course it was riddled from end to end with the North's well known affinity for tunnels. There are numerous accounts, thousands possibly, of US forces closing in on NVA or Vietcong when they suddenly "vanished" or "melted into the jungle."

When Air Commandos we're not interdicting the Ho chi Minh trail, they flew cover missions for air rescue, flew AC-47's--the original "Puff the magic dragon" later replaced with AC-130 '''spookys." They also trained USAF and VNAF personnel in counter-insurgency, unconventional warfare, and psychological warfare.

IMG_20191006_113215.jpg

17. Circus

18. Circus

19. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I bought this medal the other day, on feebay= won in auction. Not sure who made it but I thought it was cool enough to add to my collection! :D Got it delivered today and I was amazed as it's huge, 1" & 3/4" across and it weighs 1.5 ounces, solid bronze. :cigar:
    montana d.jpg montana c.jpg montana b.jpg montana a.jpg

gronnh20, longnine009, Jwt708 and 3 others like this.
  20. Circus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    truly plastic money

longnine009, Jwt708 and alurid like this.
  21. Circus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Generic vending token Can be used for arcades, or any machine set up for 25 mm tokens. Every minter has a couple versions of this style

longnine009, Jwt708 and alurid like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted