Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Looks like "Arnies Place" to me.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

1BD4C1B5-0846-4042-B609-86A11D7534EB.jpeg 97164551-106B-4CE5-9928-5695DEE8BFA3.jpeg FunScape tokens. Escape to the fun

Stork, longnine009, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  4. Clay Bowen

Clay Bowen HaveYouSeenTheWizard?

5. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

A recent acquisition. This is an 80 year anniversary medal of the Magyar Numizmatikai Társulat (Hungarian Numismatic Society - the equivalent of the ANA in Hungary).

Hungarian Numismatic Society Jubilee Medal 1981
    80th Anniversary (1901-1981)
    Bronze 40mm

tarsulat_obv.jpg
    tarsulat_rev.jpg

6. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

That's a big, impressive medal, Jaelus. I have a lot of coin related exonumia, including quite a few medals and other pieces from clubs, collectors, dealers, and organizations.

I've been collecting this type of material for a long time, and have long noticed the difference in quality between U.S. examples...the bulk of my collection... and a lot of examples from other countries. While some American medals are of high interest and quality, especially ANA issues, most are fairly plain and nondescript. Yours is a great example of a high quality and unusual European medal. I'm not sure why this is the case, but the disparity is very apparent to me.

Thanks for showing us your medal, Jaelus.

Bruce

Jaelus likes this.
  7. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

That is a very nice medal @Jaelus !

Have you owned it long?

Jaelus likes this.
  8. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Thanks @BRandM and @Jwt708.

This is a new pickup, but I've been aware of their medals for some time and had been searching for some.

The designs of their club medals are actually rather pleasing. Here's a link to their jubilee medals (of which mine is one), but there are a few other categories of medals and plaques as well:

http://cms.numizmatika.org/index.php/hu/ermek/jubileumi-ermek

Jwt708 likes this.
  9. Jpp

Jpp Member

1972 Latin Esso coins

Attached Files:

10. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

11. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Not a Paranumismatica but still a classic design. 2018 South African Krugerrand, one rand, one oz.999 fine silver, 38.3mm, M/A, Obverse: leopard's dinn-dinn- springbok entree, reverse Paul Kruger.
    20180804_043501_HDR-1.jpg 20180804_043536_HDR-1.jpg

Nathan401, Stork, Jwt708 and 2 others like this.
  12. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

I finally tracked this one down to get a picture of it. It's been buried in the old section of my collection...:)
    RJNA.1k.JPG

Nathan401, Stork, dwhiz and 7 others like this.
  13. BRandM

I think I may have a piece of exonumia from this club, but I'll have to look, Dave. Is there enough detail left to tell the date of the coin?

Bruce

14. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a '71-S

edit to add - I was a member back then when I received this. I joined with several other friends through scouts. Were you a member Bruce?
    RJNA3.1k.JPG

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Nathan401, Stork, longnine009 and 2 others like this.
  15. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Wanted to add this image to my previous post but there was no option to edit :-/

Gettysburg-Coin2.jpg

Stork, longnine009, Jwt708 and 3 others like this.
  16. BRandM

No, I wasn't a member, Dave. If I can find my example, I'll take a pic and post it.

Bruce

17. DrDarryl

DrDarryl Well-Known Member

Nathan401, Stork, longnine009 and 4 others like this.
  18. Circus

19. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

D1330140-3617-4C4C-884B-86A254CF8A6B.jpeg F010137E-7943-43E1-ACD6-E5BD6DAB315B.jpeg A little help to attribute this one. Looks like a hammer & sickle on one side. Eagle on the other side

20. Circus

It is a Pachinko machine token Japanese, sometimes they use fantasy characters on them. They sell them by the 100's on amazon. .50/.75¢ or in the 505 off bin at the local coin shop

longnine009 and Heavymetal like this.
  21. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Sorry @Circus I couldn't find it. Maybe it's a challenge coin or proto-challenge coin? A little research indicates it was from Ft. Riley, 1st Engineering Battalion.

1_Eng_Bn_DUI.png

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    longnine009 and Circus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted