Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of Sunoco game tokens

gronnh20, old49er, Stork and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Circus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Boy Scouts

old49er, dwhiz, Stork and 3 others like this.
  4. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

A few weeks old and technically a 2017 purchase, but finally tried taking a few photos.
    combo.jpg

gronnh20, old49er, dwhiz and 5 others like this.
  5. Circus

6. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

This came yesterday. I don't yet know what it is, will goggle it anon..... ND NASC B. obv.JPG ND NASC B. rev.JPG

7. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

8. Circus

9. Circus

10. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

11. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

12. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Bought this today off eBay, sellers image. TRANSCONTINTAL RAILROAD ART BAR 1a-vert.jpg

13. Circus

Another Boy Scout medal, Get out the vote 1952 How political incorrect that would be today!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

The Obverse of this token shows itself as being struck over another Medal.
    At the bottom I can read "Coins and Medal Corporation". The reverse shows no sign of a restrike.
    DSC06366.JPG DSC06367.JPG

15. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

That's a nice medal, alurid. The AINA had a habit of stamping numismatic medals over existing coins. I have two in my collection. The "GLACC / AINA" piece is struck over a 1958 Israeli 1-Lirah, and the "AINA" medal is struck over a 1979(?) Israeli 5-Lirot. The pictures don't show any under-type on the overstruck side, unfortunately.

Bruce
    AINA 1.JPG AINA 2.JPG GLACC AINA 1.JPG GLACC AINA 2.JPG

16. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Thank alot for that information. I was able to see the outline of an menora in the center. And I think mine it not a Coin, But a IANA Token. It is simular to the 1975 KM81.

BRandM likes this.
  17. coin_nut

This one came yesterday. To me it looks like regular coinage, yet it says "Token" right on it. 1813 GB-EnD 1-2 s obv.JPG 1813 GB-EnD 1-2 s rev.JPG

18. Circus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Capital medal made in the Egland

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  19. coin_nut

I am not sure what this is, about the size of a half penny. 1790 Token 1-2 p obv.JPG 1790 Token 102 p rev.JPG

Stork, longnine009 and old49er like this.
  20. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

It’s a spade guinea. From Coinquest:

George III was King of England from 1760 to 1820 (he was King during the American Revolution), so the 1700 date on Darrell's piece is a stretch. This is not a coin, but a token, or jeton. It does not appear in the coin catalogs, but one can find these online if you are persistent. Here is what Sven Andersson says (translated from Swedish) on Unga Fakta:

'It is a game of money, a copy in brass of George III (King of England) gold coins. It was used as a chip in various card games and board games. It produced quite a few of them and spread to various countries.'

old49er and alurid like this.
  21. coin_nut

Vurra good, thank you very much..........I love learning more all the time about coins and history, and this forum is a great place to do that!

Draft saved Draft deleted