Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I love this type of stuff. Don't even need to be able to read the wording.
    There are some really cool designs out there.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

I have a question, that is coming up with little or no response in the token community. Here is the photo:
    [​IMG]
    It was minted by Hoffman and Hoffman
    The questions I have are as follows.
    Does anybody know of a location that used this token, or is using this token currently?

What was the name of the business that used it?

Was it a stand alone arcade?

Were the machines in other venues?

What locations as in what part or section of the country are/were they located in?

Or anything else you can add?

I figure with the widely located membership base of the forums I might be able to piece some info together.

The reason for my inquiry, is some of the silly description and the touting that they are vintage and rare. Because somebody with a metal detector found one, and is now selling it on flea bay with the "Rare, vintage tags in the description, considering that I just must have corned the market on them with my bulk buy :too-funny: I figure I might be able to get on the gravy train :just-sign: :too-funny:
    Any info will be passed on to the token collectors group for adding into the data base. As of right now the only info is an attribute to Des Moines Iowa!
    thanks

4. Circus

Well the lead to a company with the same name located in downtown Des Moines Iowa is a bust. As the phone is disconnected. I have pieced together a short time line they were minted pre 1999, since that is the year the mint changed their mint marks and was absorbed by a larger company.

I would have thought that some member in the Des Moines area might have had some knowledge about them.

Well we now know they are neither vintage unless 14 to 20 years is vintage, and since there are so many that are uncirculated they aren't "RARE". And the metal detectors have found them in the Detroit and Chicago area.

5. Manbeast

Manbeast Collector

Came in the mail today. Would have liked to get a higher grade example but for the price I thank I did good.
    [​IMG]

6. yarm

yarm Junior Member

Glazed Pitt Club medal in silver suspension ring.

[​IMG]

7. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I like your CWT Manbeast. In my opinion it's a real beauty. I think the Marshall tokens are some of the nicest around. Great pickup!

Bruce

Ripley and Manbeast like this.
  8. mackwork

mackwork Caretaker of old coins & currency

New arrival.......

[​IMG]

9. BRandM

Another nice piece and an R-6 to boot mackwork. I guess you could say your CWT is just "OK" but of course it's much nicer.:D Great pickup.

Bruce

Rickipedia, mackwork and Ripley like this.
  10. mackwork

mackwork Caretaker of old coins & currency

Thanks Bruce - that one is definitely OK with me! I just wish it was an R-9 German Silver.

11. BRandM

That would be special mackwork. The German Silver and white metal CWT's are my favorites.

Bruce

12. The Goldeneye

The Goldeneye Man with the Golden Coin

Here's a few tokens.

Attached Files:

• 029.JPG
      029.JPG
      File size:
      278.2 KB
      Views:
    • 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      311.1 KB
      Views:
    • 032.JPG
      032.JPG
      File size:
      204.7 KB
      Views:
  13. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

I was glad to be able to pick this store card up for a reasonable price. Unlisted in Fuld 2 I tracked this for over a year to acquire it.

[​IMG]

14. Circus

[​IMG]
    This started out as a lump of dirt/clay with just a slight color showing. The coin dealer of course gave it to me as it had to be junk since it was plastic. :eek:hyeah:

Well it cleaned up very nice and only a slight discoloration. It really doesn't give much info, It could be part of a souvenir set from the castle, it could be some kind of play money. Just another pleasant surprise out of the junk box.

Rickipedia and Ripley like this.
  15. BRandM

Old Man.JPG
    Here's an unusual pictorial counterstamp I picked up on eBay a week or so ago. I call it "the old man" but don't know if it depicts a real person or not. If you look closely you can see a partial strike more centered on the coin. I'm not a foreign coin collector so don't know what kind of coin it's struck on. Can anyone identify it for me? Thanks.

Bruce

16. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

lets see the other side of this coin. could be chinese, japanese, or korean ?

17. BRandM

18. Circus

Well I did stumble across what this really is, this morning while paging thru Alperts&Elman's book.
    It is listed as part of a play money set coins of the world by Topps gum. Further searching turned up this
    well the vacuum deposited top coat had long gone away.

19. The Goldeneye

The Goldeneye Man with the Golden Coin

Hello that's a smashed 10 yen that looks like it was smashed with another coin, it's Japanese. A normal one is worth about ten cents. I have some here in this picture.

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      267.7 KB
      Views:
  20. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Here's a couple of my tokens. tokensforebaysales 010.JPG tokensforebaysales 016.JPG scannedDec31st2010016.jpg scannedDec31st2010014.jpg scannedJune252010006.jpg

Ripley, Windchild and green18 like this.
  21. BRandM

Thanks for the info Goldeneye. I'll add that to my 2x2.

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted