Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

It's been a while since i have picked up a new cent sample slab. Was glad to get this one as it's not seen for sale very often. The Red border is the significant part of this one.

This gets me to 112 different cent sample slabs.

[​IMG]

Treashunt, Paddy54, jello and 7 others like this.
  4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

1918 Krieg's geld, These pieces aren't really that expensive,
    Krieg's is war in German and geld is Money.
    Krieg's geld falls under the larger heading of notgeld, or emergency money.
    Hundreds of different types of notgeld were produced in Germany during the first and second world war. IMG_3715.JPG IMG_3716.JPG I really liked the design of this one. Paid about a 1.60 german antique shop.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  5. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

That reverse reminds me of ancient coins with the city gate or camp gage reverse.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  6. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

For the older crowd you may remember, the Airstream travel trailer caravan clubs trips of large numbers of people that would go as a group to various exotic places pulling their Silver bullet trailers. Here is a key chain token/dangle from one of the trips to a U S city
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stork, Chiefbullsit, jello and 6 others like this.
  7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

His buddy from a different show.
    PCI%201.2.jpg

longnine009, Stork, jello and 5 others like this.
  8. yarm

yarm Junior Member

Sam's Town $20

4a7384cb.jpg

Attached Files:

Jwt708, jello, dwhiz and 4 others like this.
  9. Circus

10. Pickin and Grinin

11. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

12. Pickin and Grinin

Was this design made in other metals.
    I really only bought it because of the patriot design and overcomb, instead of overcome.

longnine009 and dwhiz like this.
  13. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I don't know about other metals. I like silver, DT and the cleaver play on words.

14. Circus

15. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

A couple of medical additions to my 'mother-baby' theme.

First is a medal by Devreese. Dr. Edouard Kufferath was a Belgian OB, renown as an excellent teacher, and who pioneered using aseptic rules which led to a significant decrease in mother/baby mortality. He also described new techniques and had a set of delivery forceps named after him. I like this medal as it shows him with a model of a pelvis and what appears to be a pelvimetry/measuring device.
    [​IMG]

The second is by Lancelot-Croce, a French artist who eventually married an Italian and moved to Italy with him. I had spotted this medal very early in my adult collecting days and have been wanting it ever since. Another one of those 10 year finds! And, reasonably priced, in excellent condition, and with its original box.

This one features Dr. Pinard, who has a maneuver for the delivery of twins named after him that is still used today. He also was a proponent and leader in pre/perinatal care and patient education regarding maternal and infant health. The title on the medal "puericulteure" is the masculine version of the current work "puericultrice" which is what a maternal-newborn nurse is now called. The translation on the reverse/bottom is "The milk of the mother belongs to the child".
    [​IMG]

Now that I have it in hand, I can see a similarity between this one and one of my other all time favorites, also by Lancelot-Croce (The Work of the Barbarians):
    [​IMG]

and the detail of the tiny face/hands (the latter is from a silver version):
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

Today was a good mail day!

Jwt708, dwhiz, Circus and 4 others like this.
  16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

17. Circus

18. ExoMan

ExoMan Well-Known Member

Hi Bruce .... Here's the one you didn't see. I believe it's the stamp of David R. Ramsay, listed as a "punchcutter" in the 1849 NY City Directory. The relatively uncommon name and initials make him the most likely issuer, methinks. Then too, why wouldn't a guy who made punches for others not have one of his own?

Brunk listed but one specimen, # R-61, and this may well be the one in his census. Ramsay is absent from subsequent NY directories, and given the lack of more of his counterstamps, I can only guess that he found another occupation elsewhere.

Ramsay, D.R.   183_  1c  ob.jpg

Jwt708, longnine009, dwhiz and 3 others like this.
  19. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Found Roll Hunting Small Dollars today! Cost me a dollar unfortunately! No idea where it is from or what it is. Both sides are identical IMG_0367.JPG IMG_0368.JPG . I guess I am now an angle;)

20. Circus

It is a generic token that is given out at hospitals, churches and by people that what to lift the spirits of people that are fighting depression. And the like first thing they go for .50 to $1.00 @ LCS bargain boxes. You can find them and more types googling angel coins. It is also used as a good luck piece and safe travel token.

21. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

After a long and tedious negotiations with Circus we were able to made such a deal and no polls were required. We were able to work this out.
    Thank you Circus!!!
    Teddy Roosevelt campaign pin The red printing has gone mostly away. The moose was for the Progressive party. bullmoose.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted