Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Another gambling token. This time from Ayutthia or Angkor.

Angkor token 1.jpg Angkor token 2.jpg

4. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Very interesting stuff @lordmarcovan ! Plenty of stuff to keep someone interested in. If it were not for ancient coins and my love of ancient history all I would collect would be exonumia because I find it more interesting than government issued coinage for commerce.

I think you made a good "mistake" @Stork and I think the price you paid was fine. Plenty of detail!

longnine009 and Stork like this.
  5. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A couple of vendors at the local gun shows, try to push pm's as the money of the apocalypse! My two questions have always been.
    If the government goes sideways, and things are circling the drain. who will be setting price/value for them?
    And who will be protecting you, when the bad guys find out you have PM's? whether you have two or 20,000 T oz you better have somebody you can trust for 24 hr help!
    I got em to go with the other copper items including the native copper from the UP of Michigan

6. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

I've never seen a one gram copper...pretty cool! As for the zombie (or whatever) apocalypse I'm pretty sure the real 'money' will be toilet paper, Motrin, ammo and airplane sized bottles of booze.

Jwt708 and BRandM like this.
  7. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

They're really nice pieces, dwhiz.

Bruce

8. BRandM

Some interesting history attached to that piece, lordmarcovan. It's too bad that there isn't a name attached to it. That would make for a fun research project. A really interesting example just the same.

Bruce

lordmarcovan and Jwt708 like this.
  9. BRandM

Don't forget good cigars, Stork. I can forget my troubles for an hour or so with a fine Dominican cigar in hand.

Bruce

Jwt708, Circus and Stork like this.
  10. dwhiz

I wasn't to happy with the full slab photo, I had a problem with my LED light.
    So today I got the light to work, here's the new photo 1917 reeded 1-horz.jpg

11. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I really like the Peace dollar, and this "token" (really a medal...) but man, it would look so much better in photos outside the slab!

;):D

12. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Really neat - the one gram copper.

I'm not trying to get into a debate about end of the world scenarios...but assuming a total collapse of the world governments, very quickly a new one would take it's place. Sure it wouldn't be as big as what we now know - probably very small, like subdivision or neighborhood sized, but people will band together for the common good. Like trying to establish a way to protect themselves and deal with members of the community that have not followed the rules of good living...whatever they may become. Just my two cents.

Circus likes this.
  13. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Here's a couple or more new tokens I got within the last month or so. Love the Daniel Carr's up there but I wish he would have made them into quarter size tokens, that would be better for me. That way, I could easily afford one and I wouldn't have to worry about hearing s-l1cougara600.jpg s-l1cougarb600.jpg s-l1AsianToken600.jpg s-l1AsianRev600.jpg $_~~~~~57.JPG the collectors who yell out, counterfeiter, counterfeiter! lol

14. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Here's a couple more. One of these days, I'm gonna get pics of all of my tokens, until then, I hang onto the sellers pics. :D s-l1kairbeera600.jpg s-l1kairbeerb600.jpg s-l1RedGoose 600.jpg s-l16RedGoose 00.jpg s-l1OldWhiskeya600.jpg

15. Circus

Your right, But it still makes me laugh when they start about needing the copper so people can make their own wire and pipe fittings. Like I told a young couple if your that worried buy a couple of spools of copper wire and a couple boxes of fittings. Since if you can't melt the copper and cast it for fittings you won't learn after the fact. Like coins or tokens ya just gotta collect what you like.

old49er, Stork and Jwt708 like this.
  16. Circus

17. dwhiz

how's this
    1917 2017 Hard Times Reeded d-vert.jpg

old49er, Jwt708, jello and 2 others like this.
  18. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

This arrived today. A British version of the World War I Lusitania propaganda medal.

IMG_0590.JPG IMG_0591.JPG

old49er, Circus, Jwt708 and 4 others like this.
  19. dwhiz

20. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

dwhiz likes this.
  21. Circus

Draft saved Draft deleted