Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Steve Stitz

Steve Stitz New Member

Hello everyone. Someone in the Coin Chat forum mentioned that I may try showing my medal in this forum. I bought a jewelry lot with this item in it and am trying to find another like it, or just some more information about it. It is a medal of Wolfgang Amedeus Mozart and written on the back is "In Memoriam 1791-1931". Written also at the bottom is "J. Tautenhayn" and it is signed on the back 585 and it is 14k gold. I did some research on Tautenhayn and found a little about who he was, but I cannot find many examples of his work that have sold. I am wondering if there is more value here than the gold scrap value. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

Can't believe this Medal is still bright Copper color. 1884 Agriculture Medal awarded for Bovine, Rouen France by Hubert Ponscarme 1827-1903. ponscarme-horz.jpg
    During the First World War the British used Rouen as a supply base and there were many military hospitals.
    Rouen was heavily damaged during World War II - approximately 45% of the city was destroyed. In June 1940 the area between the Rouen Cathedral and the Seine river burned for 48 hours as the Nazis did not allow firemen access to the fire. Other areas were destroyed between March and August 1944 just before and during the Battle of Normandy, which ended on the left bank of the Seine with the destruction of several regiments belonging to the German 7th Army. Rouen's cathedral and several significant monuments were damaged by Allied bombing. During the German occupation, Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine had its headquarters located in a château on what is now the Rouen Business School (École Supérieure de Commerce de Rouen). The city was liberated by the Canadians on 30 August 1944 after the breakout from Normandy (copyright @ Wikipedia)

4. yarm

yarm Junior Member

George I, Treaty of Passarowitz in 1718. PCGS SP64 in an extra thick holder to accomodate the high relief.

Passarowitz merged and labeled.jpg

5. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

6. Voyageur

Voyageur Member

How about some of Daniel Carr's Coin Club Medals......

Denver-Coin-Club-Medal-Slab-Merged.jpg csns1.jpg csns2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

8. Circus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A set of dollars 1975

9. dwhiz

I did by another circus car, only because it was inexpensive. Hobo x-horz.jpg
    Now I have 2 circus cars for my train:rolleyes:

10. Circus

[​IMG]
    reverse is the same as the other in series.

11. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Baldwin and Howell Westwood Park - San Francisco 1920's real estate development

[​IMG]
    Baldwin and Howell Development San Francisco Westwood Park Bungalows
    Bronze, 32mm, 10.40gm

The Baldwin and Howell company began development of the Westwood Park area in the 1920's in the southwest part of San Francisco after the completion of the Twin Peaks Tunnel in 1917.

Obverse: Bungalow house facing
    BUY THIS BUNGALOW $35. MONTHLY / BALDWIN & HOWELL S.F.
    Reverse: Railroad train emerging from tunnel
    TWIN PEAKS TUNNEL / WHEN THE TUNNEL IS COMPLETE / TO WESTWOOD PARK WE WILL RETREAT

I was contacted recently by a woman who is writing a book about the neighborhood and she asked if she could use an image of my token in her book. I told her yes.

:)

12. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

13. Circus

14. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

s-l1600 (21).jpg

s-l1600 (22).jpg
    Nice looking token by D.C.

15. Circus

16. dwhiz

I have 1 of these on the way.
    brass label a.jpg

brass label a-horz.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    old49er, longnine009, jello and 3 others like this.
  17. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

That cool but what is it?

18. dwhiz

Sorry the label is so small 2016 Knights Of the Coin Table Satin Brass token. Only 19 were struck. brass label a.jpg

19. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

20. Gunmetal

Gunmetal Member

IMG_0918.JPG IMG_0919.JPG

Micronation issue: 11 Disser from the Kingdom of Elleore. This is the only coin/token I personally know of with a denomination of 11.

21. Gunmetal

Gunmetal Member

IMG_0921.JPG IMG_0922.JPG
    Another odd denomination piece, good for 65 cents. From Elks Lodge No. 1811

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted