Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Yeah, I can't remember the name on the reverse of mine. I'll have to dig it out and check.

Yours is a beauty! Mine has one little ding on the edge near 12 o'clock.

Chris

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

vanhouten.jpg
    Seller's Pics: I've been looking for one of these for 14 months at least - one of the toughest issuers, and probably THE toughest from Columbus. The R-6 rating is misleading - these don't trade hands often. I'm fortunate to have snagged this one tonight. I'm unfortunate because I had to pay up for it, but there simply aren't many opportunities. As Mike Wolfe says, the time to buy it is when you see it.

old49er, dwhiz, Jwt708 and 3 others like this.
  4. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

That's a very interesting obverse on that token. I don't think I've seen a winged-cap obverse on a CWT before. Do you only collect Columbus tokens?

5. jester3681

Hey Paul! I collect all CWT, but living in Columbus, theirs are of particular interest to me. I'm one issuer away from having at least one die pairing from each of the accepted issuers. The Market Exchange (Columbus) was listed in the 1ed and 2ed Fuld but is no longer considered a CWT - I'd need that one too, I suppose.

The winged Mercury is not an uncommon reverse design for Ohio CWTs - I have a couple of tokens with the same or very similar die. Outside of Ohio, however, they're not so common.

longnine009, Jwt708 and Paul M. like this.
  6. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

7. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

A random assortment I picked up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

old49er, jello, dwhiz and 4 others like this.
  8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

This has been sitting on my desk for years. 2001 D lucky coin.JPG

Jwt708, old49er, longnine009 and 2 others like this.
  9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Without looking, guess who started this thread that is now at 269 pages. Now look.

10. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I know without looking. I have used a certain program to keep him in control, and it has worked fine. Almost two years now. :>)

11. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I know too, Kentucky. Well, we should give him credit for starting the thread.:)

Bruce

Kentucky likes this.
  12. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

Hi all, here's another French medal. Shooting medal by Bertrand. Don't know the year, but really thought the helmet was interesting. bertrandshootingmedal obv.jpg bertrandshootingmedal rev.jpg

13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Ugh, I HAD to look, now I am sorry

14. Andres2

Andres2 Well-Known Member

from a dutch local site:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. jrw711

jrw711 Member

IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0300.JPG Here is my Circleville, Ohio 1863 Civil War Storecard with a Mercury wad reverse. Grocers and Liquor Dealers. Quick pics with iPad.

Jwt708, H8_modern, dwhiz and 4 others like this.
  16. jrw711

jrw711 Member

Not a Mercury "wad"....Mercury Head.

17. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

1910brusselsmintmedalrev.jpg Here's a neat medal from Brussels exposition. 1910brusselsmintobv.jpg

18. jester3681

Seller's pic: popped on this 1981 ANA Convention Medal (90th Anniversary in New Orleans)set this evening. I did a lot of research and it appears that 1981 is a tough year to come across. Set #322.

903788744_o.jpg

Jwt708, dwhiz, old49er and 3 others like this.
  19. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

20. dwhiz

Had a couple of bucks left on my eBay so I bought this. Black Hills Central Railroad 1a-horz.jpg

longnine009, Circus, Jwt708 and 2 others like this.
  21. dwhiz

AUSTRIA MARIA THERESA SILVER THALER 1780 SF PROOF COIN restrike. I used this to take an image of the rim.
    AUSTRIA MARIA THERESA SILVER THALER 1780 SF PROOF COIN restrike.jpg

longnine009, Circus, Jwt708 and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted