Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Thanks Jack, keep safe over there!!

Thanks Bruce, do you know the year these wooden stamps were made??
    and a very interesting and old token.

BRandM and Jwt708 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. joeyuk

joeyuk Member

Here are a few you may enjoy. The Elusive spondulix.jpg Kingdom of Bermania.jpg CONECA obv.jpg CONECA rev.jpg CONECA  die.jpg 1915 Barber Einstein.jpg 2015 pope Francis visit.jpg brass Einstein.jpg 9 Bingle slabs a.jpg

alurid, Circus, jester3681 and 3 others like this.
  4. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

A nice selection there, Joey. I have a token like yours from Tom Culhane, and have one or two CONECA pieces as well. As I collect counterstamps, the Relativity piece appeals to me. I have a pretty decent collection of contemporary stamps.

Bruce

5. yarm

yarm Junior Member

6. BRandM

Here's my two Defiance coin club flats, Eng. The 4th annual show was held in 1969, and celebrated the 175th anniversary of the fort. Yours although celebrates the fort's 175th, so your stamps are from 1969.

Bruce IMG_2330.JPG IMG_2331.JPG IMG_2332.JPG IMG_2333.JPG

longnine009, Eng, Circus and 2 others like this.
  7. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of getting one of those rectangular wooden nickels but I never found one that really fit into anything. Nice examples @BRandM !

BRandM likes this.
  8. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

When it rains it pours... Just received another cent Sample Slab. I went a long time without finding anything, then several show up for sale one right after the other.

This is from the January 11, 2013 FUN PCGS Luncheon with a 2012 Canadian cent. I assume this coin was chosen because Canada discontinued their cent production in 2012.

Note that PCGS put the population of this Sample (200) on the reverse label.

[​IMG]

longnine009, Eng, Circus and 2 others like this.
  9. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

More of my wife's Rhode Island collection

Attached Files:

Jwt708 and jello like this.
  10. Nathan401

Rhode Island's Old Home Week was a really big deal here in 1907. This is the program for this week long event. This was actually the mayors copy.

Attached Files:

longnine009 and jello like this.
  11. Nathan401

12. joeyuk

joeyuk Member

I like counterstamps also. These three are Mel Wacks pieces.couple more I like. IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0014.JPG

13. BRandM

Thanks, Jack. When you say "fit into anything" do you mean for storage, or one that will fit into your collection...military, etc.? If you mean for storage, I store mine in currency sleeves.

Bruce

14. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

No, I meant in any of my collections. One issued by a military coin club would be cool. I think I've seen wooden nickels issued before by coin clubs associated with a base before. Every now and again I do an eBay search for exonumia from my hometown. I've found I think two tokens on TokenCatalog.com, only one is in my collection - it would be cool to find one from my town.

15. BRandM

I'll keep an eye out for ones that might interest you, Jack.

Bruce

16. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Thanks Bruce. If you see a Crown Point, IN let me know!

17. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Thanks Bruce, i'll make a note and probably look around for some of those to go with the wooden stamps.

Jack here are a couple military type wooden nickles;)
    IMG_20160920_115838535_opt.jpg

18. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

19. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

If you like something, it can be all the more fun to go non-conformist once in awhile. It's a sort of a treat from discipline.:)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Jwt708 likes this.
  20. Nathan401

More Rhode Island stuff.

Attached Files:

longnine009, jello and Eng like this.
  21. Nathan401

Bronze Rhode Island Tercentary book ends. This one has a twin on the other end of the shelf.

Attached Files:

longnine009, jello and Eng like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted