Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Yes- forgot to say, those old time banks are cool.

4. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Yep! Works like a charm! I put 5 bucks worth of dimes in it and all the mechanisms worked perfectly. I'd say condition wise it's an 8.5 out of 10

Nathan401 and longnine009 like this.
  5. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Arrived today from a fellow CT member.
    Gotta love the packaging nen 3.JPG nen 4.jpg

Eng, old49er, BRandM and 4 others like this.
  6. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

If I ever own my own business I'm going to make some of my own tokens to distribute. Those are cool!

7. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Staten Island Ferry, Atwood-Coffee NY632c, white metal, 4.3 grams, 24.5mm, M/A, Staten Island Ferry has been around for a long time-since 1817 according to wiki. They currently operate 8 ferries that move 66,000 riders every weekday. The very first Staten Island Ferry was named (of course) The Nautilus. :)

20160911_164428-1.jpg 20160911_164301-1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Eng, old49er, Circus and 3 others like this.
  8. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I like how it has a ferry on the reverse.

longnine009 likes this.
  9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I can remember that there also was a brass token. But that was a long time ago.
    :)

longnine009 likes this.
  10. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

There some orange peel on it too. It's nice to know they struck enough of them to wear down the dies. :)

jello and Jwt708 like this.
  11. lordmarcovan

Bet if you leave 'em in that corrugated cardboard for any length of time, you could create some nice "album" toning... ;)

Paul M., dwhiz and Jwt708 like this.
  12. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

We'll see what happens as I'm leaving 2 NEN items in the cardboard.

13. lordmarcovan

Since the topic of owls came up in another thread, here are some hobo carvings of owls I have on modern coins.

(Or rather I did have. I still have the cent, but somebody else wanted the quarter pretty badly and threw enough money at me that I finally relented. Miss it, but I'll find another.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mad Stax, Paddy54, Eng and 6 others like this.
  14. Fletcher

Fletcher Junior Member

I was with 2ID on the DMZ a few years back ... I'll dig out my challenge coin and image it ;-)

2ID.jpg

Eng, Jwt708, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  15. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

Anyone else participate in the Heritage Lincoln Auction this evening? I was pretty impressed with the pace, although it didn't leave much time for vacillation. I managed to walk away with one piece - I was a serious underbidder on another. Pics are from Heritage:
    lf.jpg lf (1).jpg
    Listed as a Civil War token, Fuld 127/201. I have the copper, which is listed at R.4. This one is listed as "nickel" in the catalogue. Fuld lists both white metal (R.9) and german silver (R.8) for the pairing. I'm leaning toward white metal based on the color. Happy to bring this little guy home to his off-metal brother, and I managed to get is for $25 less than my stop-bid. I'm also proud of myself for stopping on the other piece south of my stop-bid.

Paul M., Eng, jello and 3 others like this.
  16. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Awesome! I was hoping someone from that unit would chime in.

Fletcher likes this.
  17. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Nice to have it in both metals! It's a good looking token.

jester3681 likes this.
  18. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

We have the Western Washington fair going on, club's from all around the area volunteer to Man or Woman a table for young folks. the kids find there birth year on a penny and then they get to pick a world coin of there choice.
    Las Vagas, West Wa_opt (5).jpg
    Sorry last years picture, i was busy with making elongated cents, nearly 500, i did grab a few for myself..;)

IMG_20160909_193527998_opt.jpg
    The wooden nickle is our next year's coin, you saw it here first!!
    A nickle kind of fell in the machine..:woot:

Also picked this up a few club meeting ago, wooden stamps from, Ft. Defiance, Ohio 5 cents.( not sure if i showed this before)
    IMG_20160909_193612121_opt.jpg

Paul M., BRandM, Jwt708 and 5 others like this.
  19. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Cool @Eng ! I love what you guys are doing. The wooden stamps are pretty cool, I've never seen one before.

Eng likes this.
  20. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I like the wooden stamps, Eng. I believe I have some wooden flats from a coin club in Ft. Defiance. If I remember correctly, it was for an anniversary or club show they were putting on. I'll have to look them up to refresh my memory.

Bruce

Eng likes this.
  21. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Here's an interesting token I picked up a couple of weeks ago. It's not really a counterstamp, but it's a struck piece with incuse devices. Close enough for me.:)

It's pretty much self explanatory. The company mostly made patent medicines as far as I could tell. This looks like a typical 1880s style token, though I couldn't find much on its history. I know they were still in business around 1900, but haven't found much more about them. Sorry for the picture...not the best.

Bruce Phenyo & Co 1.JPG Phenyo & Co 2.JPG

lordmarcovan, Paul M., Circus and 5 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted