Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Here a token I have see every day. But don't think I posted it before my Dad had given it to me for my keys. So It's older than Me. 1945-1950 IMG_20160208_173223.jpg IMG_20160208_173258.jpg

dwhiz, longnine009, eric6794 and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Nice but I can't read the reverse.

4. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

It isn't a token it is the dqngle from a watch fob, they are sought after among tractor collectors. Each brand has it's followers and if they can't get the tractors they want they chase anything with the likeness and brand they love.

5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Allis Chamers corporate the rest is worn off thinking about trade mark ?
    Yes my dad had a set leather fobs my little brother has them . I think there 7 tractor type they sold. My dad drive and buy for Greene county Ny department of street and sewage. One job I would like to do. I would have only been a driver that my speed.:)

6. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

my uncle would have loved that. He was into tractors and any type of military machines that had tracks. He was an old school tank infantry mechanic.

jello likes this.
  7. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

I think I have posted this token before but I believe I did so in the wrong place so now that I found this thread i'll post it here. It is a copy of a 1930 buffalo nickel smaller than a dime that I got at work. I wonder why it was copied cause I dont know any reason why it would be. buff1.jpg buff2.jpg

8. Circus

Here is a 2/4 it is an Quebec bank token half penny
    with a counterstamp of Devin & Bolton Montreal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    An an interesting 1855 one cent token, from the fisheries and agriculture dept.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

H8_modern, BRandM, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  9. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

10. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

11. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I've seen dozens of the Devins & Bolton counterstamps over the years, but for some reason don't have one in my collection. D & B not only stamped Canadian coins and tokens, but U.S coins as well, especially Large Cents. Nice piece, Circus. Thanks for posting it.

Bruce

Jwt708 likes this.
  12. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Nice!
    Franklin mints???
    If not still Gemmy set :)

13. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Great stuff all!

I need more Korean and Vietnam era tokens. :oops:

14. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

Seller's pics. Bashlow Confederate Restrike, Goldine. MS68, Ex: John J. Ford, Jr. Two down, two to go.

15. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

US Mint .... read all about it.

dwhiz likes this.
  16. Circus

17. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Yup I was not sure.
    Franklin mint also did one to. I forgotten about the U.S. Mint set.

18. Circus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The leg between the legs of the R is slightly damaged.

jello, coinzip, Jwt708 and 2 others like this.
  19. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I like the coal token, Circus. I have a dozen or so in my collection but don't collect then per se. It's an interesting series though. I like the fact that yours is dated. I don't know if dated examples are common or not, but I don't think so. I'll have to look up my pieces now and see what I have.

Bruce

coinzip likes this.
  20. Circus

Yes even with the damage I like adding the coal company one to my collection, I to only pick them up when they are a good deal.
    These are items made from the soft coal of the W Va area compressed dust and white glue into molds.
    [​IMG]
    These are the carved items from Pa anthracite areas around Luzerne Pa.were my family came out of the mines.
    [​IMG]
    They are made from one chunk of coal. they made some large steam locomotives that were for sale and in the 1960's they wanted north of $1,000 plus dollars

21. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Those are cool carvings. I like the Dad's Club token!

jello and Circus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted