Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Nice set !
    :)
    Franklin mints in 1969 could have been maker of the stamp.
    :):cigar:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I like the Sterling postage image of Lincoln. 90c is an unusual issue besides. I would have bought that myself. Nice pick-up.

jello likes this.
  4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

5. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one has a local history tie in and famous person pre TV/internet days. The Father was a very famous radio priest and if not controversial too. Back in most's grandparents day. I was pleased to find it and add it to the local to me city collection.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    one further away from home but still a nice pick up.

dwhiz, jello and longnine009 like this.
  6. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Got all my shipping and found this in my old army duffle bag didn't no know when I got it. $_3 (1).JPG I must traded in Germany or somewhere. Army sent me I wish I could remember what and how I got it.

JPeace$, Jwt708, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  7. Circus

Looks to be English paratrooper wings.

8. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I was almost sure of that. About an hour ago I remember how I got it. NATO assignments at British base I'm not sure if I can say exactly where. It was one for training even though the time has passed. Lose lips sink things. We like scotch whisky each night.

Circus, Jwt708 and longnine009 like this.
  9. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

You don't see many counterstamps on Hard Times Tokens, and the ones you do see are almost always an initial or initials. I could never quite figure out why that's the case, but it is. I have a few on HTT's and I believe they're all initial stamps. I'll have to check my inventory.

Bruce

Circus and Jwt708 like this.
  10. Circus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A blast from the recent past and a fad that was here one day and gone in the next couple of hours!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jello, longnine009 and dwhiz like this.
  11. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

Just got an update from PCGS, and in addition to my bummer Environmental Details 2C, I got clean grades on five pieces of exo for the collection:
    33460685_large.jpg
    Maumee and Perrysburg Toll Bridge Co, came back VF30BN. Ex: Steve Hayden.
    33460687_large.jpg
    Bashlow Restrike of the 1861 CSA 1C. MS66RD.
    33460688_large.jpg 33460690_large.jpg 33460689_large.jpg
    Set of Bashlow Restrike Continental Dollars (Silver MS64, Goldine MS65, Copper MS65RD). All Ex: Jeff Shelvin. Didn't see the rim ding on the reverse of the Silver. Without it, I bet I'd have had a matched set of MS65.

jello, dwhiz, Circus and 1 other person like this.
  12. Circus

A couple more medals
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last King of Austria
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jello, longnine009 and dwhiz like this.
  13. jester3681

Just found this little guy on PCGS Coin Facts, representing MS66RD. Proud pappa moment...

saltysam-1 likes this.
  14. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

This token is dated, it's a good4, it's about a festival, it's a wayward town- which I really like-it's half dollar size (perfect!) and has some honest wear. Although I suspect some of the wear, especially on the windmill, is really strike weakness from opposing devices.

As a side note to wayward towns, there was another seller offering one of these and it shipped from Brazil, Indiana. :D

It's been a long time since I've been this happy over an ebay purchase. :)

20160202_143843-1.jpg 20160202_161146.jpg

saltysam-1, dwhiz, jello and 2 others like this.
  15. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Nice addition @longnine009 and it always makes me happy when I can date a token...whether it's part of the design or other means. I think you're right that the strike suffers from the design.

longnine009 likes this.
  16. jester3681

deshler_fob_o.png deshler_fob_r.png
    TC-16865. From TokenCatalog.com: “Opening in Columbus, Ohio in 1916, the Deshler Hotel continued under that name until about 1930, when the name changed to Deshler-Wallick. In 1870, Demas L. Auld, a Civil War veteran, established the D.L. Auld Company in Columbus, Ohio. The company became a leading supplier of high school and college pins and rings, as well as fraternity and sorority rings and pins. After a century of continuous business, the D.L. Auld Co. was bought by the 3M Company in 1986. They surely were the maker of this token.” Seller photos.

dwhiz, BRandM, Circus and 3 others like this.
  17. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I recall looking up some thing like this but was metal key fob. Not sure if same token it been five years or more.

:) Nice shape too

jester3681 likes this.
  18. jester3681

This one is metal, and heavy, too! Its lovely in hand, and will have a permanent home in our collection.

19. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Great Britain Coronation medal 12 May 1937:

[​IMG]

The event went as planned with a slight change.

dwhiz, jello, Circus and 1 other person like this.
  20. Circus

21. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I love the history on this token and others. It adds so much more to my interest in exonumia. Thanks for posting it, jester.

Bruce

Jwt708 and jester3681 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted