Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

@Circus I can't make out all the lettering. Can you tell where it's from or what the name of the pool hall was?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Fremont maybe? Fremont where?

4. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I can't read the full surname either and there are a number of states that have a Fremont in them. California, maybe.

Bruce

5. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

I will have to find it as it seems at the moment to be hiding!! There are on 57 listed tokens in the token on line catalog. will find it and put under the microscope

6. Circus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First one that I remember having something pressed on both sides.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Circus

8. Circus

9. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Cool obverse on that Columbia!

10. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

The Fremont token is way too old to be from Fremont, California as that town was founded in 1956.

:)

BRandM likes this.
  11. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

Elongated coins that have any design on both sides are called "mules" in elongated coins collectors circles.

Until now, I've only designed and rolled 2 "mules". Not easy to align the two die-rings to roll perfectly.

12. Circus

Well then that's why I haven't seen one before. Sort of funny got it in the swap from North Carolina asnd the location is around 75 miles from me and its about 55 years since I have been there!:D

13. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Heck, I've been collecting coins longer than that.:D

Bruce

14. justbored

justbored Active Member

BRandM likes this.
  15. Circus

[​IMG]
    same both sides
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    same both sides

jello likes this.
  16. Circus

Yep that's the one, I guess I hadn't checked Michigan yet. As it came from NC ,as it never seems one should check close to home. And after spending some time looking for said token in the safe flip holder. I think one of the kitties took a liking to it and carried it of! Since me and the kitties have been the only ones home the last two weeks.

17. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This thing is a pocket watch case opener, here is a fair example I found last week in Manchester, England.

P1040628.JPG

Very useful in the days when everyone wore a pocket watch. P1040629.JPG

Very useful when everyone wore a pocket watch.

I am a bit puzzled why anyone would want to fake copy or counterfeit such a common and utilitarian item. As an advertising hand out it makes a lot of sense, very cheap to make, and universally useful.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    jello, Circus and dwhiz like this.
  18. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I found this in my great grandmother Bible yesterday. I am guessing it's been hidden in since printing ? 20150730_123406-1.jpg

sgt23 and Circus like this.
  19. Circus

Very nice, but it is to bad that it is worth more as postage than as a collectors item. MY dad collected plate blocks and sheets for 30 years. when i listed what was in the collection. I was offered 1/2 of the face value. I understand that they sell a lot of vintage postage stamps on flea bay. I have a friend that does lab glass and stereo microscopes on flea bay, he offered me 2/3 face value. So basically $2.00 for 2100 of those stamps.
    The second biggest collectors rip off after all the danbury mint et all places selling collectors items!
    So enjoy it get a sleeve and put it in the bible so the rest of the family can enjoy.

20. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Yeah I figured that out with other stamps I have. Unless it's a rare print it just an nice to own.

Circus likes this.
  21. Circus

Or in my case I have postage for 10 lifetimes, problem is the envelopes and boxes are to small for the number of stamps you need to use
    And the kids don't use many stamps

Draft saved Draft deleted