Let's see your exonumia!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I bought this very unusual counterstamp a few weeks ago, and was wondering if any of you might know what it is. I can't even make a guess and thought I would post it for your comments. The stamp you see..on both the obverse and reverse of an 1860 I/H Cent...seems to be completely on the planchet. I don't think there's any more to it than what you see. I don't even know what's the proper way to look at it, so I took pics of it in different positions. A strange but interesting stamp, I think. Any ideas?

Bruce UK 1.JPG UK 2.JPG UK 3.JPG

gronnh20, jello, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  4. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

That one is unusual Bruce. No ideas here.

5. Worn Out

Worn Out Well-Known Member

6. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Wow Nice !
    I wonder if the Club is still around ?

OdedPaz likes this.
  7. BRandM

It's still around, Jello. I have one like Worn Out's in my collection. I think Oded may have an example also. The others I've seen are all overstruck on Peace or Morgan Silver Dollars.

Bruce

OdedPaz and jello like this.
  8. Worn Out

Nice! I would love to see a pic if you have one.

OdedPaz likes this.
  9. BRandM

Here it is, Worn Out. It's on a 1921 Morgan Dollar. Yours is the third example I've seen, that one on a 1923 Peace Dollar. Thanks for showing yours.

Bruce Nicolet CC 1.JPG Nicolet CC 2.JPG

OdedPaz, dwhiz, longnine009 and 4 others like this.
  10. Worn Out

Nice! Thank you for posting it.

OdedPaz likes this.
  11. jrw711

jrw711 Member

Do you or anyone reading this have an idea what this token is currently going for? Just getting back with my civil war era tokens and I have the gilted brass example....GMcC 1864-14 in Unc. I will try to post a couple of pics of it this weekend.
    Your input is appreciated. jrw711
    Sorry, I thought my post linked to the post which pictured the referenced campaign token. I will post pics of it later today.

BRandM likes this.
  12. BRandM

Looking forward to seeing it,jrw.

Bruce

13. jrw711

jrw711 Member

P4240232.JPG P4240232.JPG P4240231.JPG Here are are a couple of pictures of the McClennen 1864 Presidential Campaign token. DeWitt GMcC 1864-14 Brass. Unc and it looks nicer than the pictures I am able to upload.
    P4240232.JPG

gronnh20, Circus, dwhiz and 5 others like this.
  14. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

P4240231-1.jpg
    was General Oriental? I seen this In more than one medal from 1840 - 1895. But had never heard the reason why engraving are like this.

gronnh20, cletis faye and dwhiz like this.
  15. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

16. BRandM

That's a nice elongated "cent", dwhiz. Being from a coin club makes it even better IMO. I love the ones on larger coins like yours, especially when you can make out details of the coin itself.

Bruce

dwhiz and OdedPaz like this.
  17. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

dwhiz likes this.
  18. cletis faye

cletis faye Well-Known Member

19. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

Picked this up at the MSNS Spring Convention a few weeks ago. Made by Ray Dillard they were pressed from Jefferson's and given to the Awards Breakfast attendees only.

[​IMG]

All Convention attendees could pick up this bronze cent version at the registration table

[​IMG]

gronnh20, longnine009, dwhiz and 5 others like this.
  20. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

PennyGuy - do you happen to have doubles of any of these two elongated coins?

21. yarm

yarm Junior Member

Upon the death of George III in 1820, a medal (BHM 998, 55mm) was produced by I. Parkes showing the Hanoverian Succession, George I, II and III in full regalia.

[​IMG]

gronnh20, Effigy303, dwhiz and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted