Let's see your Conder Tokens

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Moonshadow, May 12, 2010.

1. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Duke Kavanaugh

4. Larry Moran

Larry Moran Numismatographer

New One

Thanks, Duke.

This is a stunning example. : )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daniel B likes this.
  5. Duke Kavanaugh

6. Duke Kavanaugh

7. Larry Moran

Conders vs. American coins and tokens

Here is a group of uncirculated Conder Tokens that arrived yesterday, well, Thursday. It's now Saturday 12:52 AM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daniel B likes this.
  8. Larry Moran

If you post your tokens here, you may wish to post some on the Conder Token Club section of CoinZip.com. If you can find the Message board Index, you'll find the Conder area easily, and I've divided it up by countries and counties. You should use the same img code as for CoinTalk.

It does not go so far as to include every possible county, for some counties were formed or remapped during the time and were not included in D&H, my primary source, though now I often use NumiSource's Ultimate Guide to Conder Tokens. : )

We've had contributions from a few members of CoinTalk so far. It's an easy way to see and read about Conders.

Peter has said it's okay to mention some beneficial interaction. Thanks, Peter. : )

By the way, Duke, your tokens would be perfect to post in the proper counties on CZ. I think you can pick up the format for titles so they fall in proper order. If you need help attributing a token, we can do that here on CoinTalk. But you may find what you are looking for, and some example of the types you've shown have been posted there to help you if you know the country and county. Look through what's already posted to get the idea. : ) Thanks: )

For example, if you want to title DH 46, you'd have to say DH 0046 in the title. It's a bit strange but some computer thing. (Beyond me.)

9. Duke Kavanaugh

Well I don't have that many and mine stink compared to your guy's.
    But one day my collection will grow up big and strong like yours :D

Is there any of mine that are "better" or all just common's worth 15 bucks or so?

10. Larry Moran

On a good day, the Coventry Street token should bring $30-40, roughly.

11. Duke Kavanaugh

No I didn't mean to post one that wasn't a Conder as I stated. I just removed the post. Again sorry.

12. Larry Moran

Here's one more and I am headed off to bed, having put in a good night of numismatography...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know where the 6-1/2 pounds of bread are, but I wonder about the weights used on the other side of the scale.
    Do you know what they are? Can we guess what they were? One may have been a one ounce Conder Token.

Daniel B likes this.
  13. conderluva

conderluva Junior Member

Great pick-ups, Larry!
    Your pictures have inspired me. Think I will keep my eyes out for a set of these pieces.

14. farthing

farthing Junior Member

A few more of mine ... a selection of Skidmore productions.

One of the Skidmore Globe series - Middlesex #139 (S), Lambeth Palace, Surrey ex: Wayne Anderson
    [​IMG]

Middlesex #522a Showing St. Paul's Covent Garden church before and after the fire of 1795. ex: R. C. Bell plate coin from Specious Tokens 1784-1804
    [​IMG]

Middlesex #545a (R) - St. Michael's Basinghall
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Middlesex #659a - Newgate Gate ex: Dr. Spence
    [​IMG]

Daniel B likes this.
  15. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Member

Very nice tokens!
    Here is another one. Although Godiva is often seen on tokens, I'm told this Warwickshire Nuneaton DH 318 is rare.

[​IMG]

Daniel B likes this.
  16. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Member

This token just arrived in the mail this week. It has fairly reflective surfaces, so it was a good time to learn how to use the axial lighting device made by Larry. The device really helped reduce the glare, and various effects were obtained. This is going to require more practice...

[​IMG]

Daniel B likes this.
  17. Larry Moran

Those are great results for your first axial lighting photos, Moonshadow.

This token is in excellent condition with nice color and is very attractive. : )

18. Larry Moran

Replacement Image

Not sure what happened to the link of the center token in my post which was originally of all three tokens I received this week,
    but I'm not able to edit that post anymore.

I'll repost the token here...

[​IMG]

Daniel B likes this.
  19. Duke Kavanaugh

I have the chance to buy a D&H 295 1795 Halfpenny. I am told it is Middleessex and reads: Sise Lane on the Obv and King Lords Commons on the reverse.
    It looks a very nice unc and was wondering if someone with a D&H book would tell me what it's approx worth is as I can make a fair offer.
    Thanks a bunch.

20. conderluva

conderluva Junior Member

A gem might get $150-200
    A decent Unc maybe $100-150
    Less than Unc or a not-so-attractive Unc - Less than $100

21. Duke Kavanaugh

Thanks conderluva...it's a neat one that's nice.

I'll try to get a picture up but it won't be pictures as good as Larry Moran's or catberts or hiho's or...well shoot my pictures just suck :D

Draft saved Draft deleted