Let's see your Conder Tokens

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Moonshadow, May 12, 2010.

1. Richard Dellar

Richard Dellar New Member

Farthing,
    I love Bath (Someset) no. 84, the Bath Association. I have that one also, it combines my two interests of Bath and military tokens.
    Richard

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Larry Moran

Larry Moran Numismatographer

Middlesex DH 301, Eaton's

Here's a Middlesex Eaton's DH 301 in UNC. I'll bet there a lots of these out there in CoinTalkLand. : )

The first example below is a recent arrival, and is in Uncirculated condition, previously certified by NGC at MS-64 RB. I have the sticker that came out of the slab with the token. Just a note... I have NEVER removed a coin or token from a slab. I bought it this way, from a trusted dealer. : )

[​IMG]

The example below seems be about Choice EF, though it matters little; it isn't going anywhere.

[​IMG]

Daniel B likes this.
  4. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

5. conderluva

conderluva Junior Member

Hi Richard,

If you'd rather not pay for Photoshop you should check out GIMP (GNU image manipulation program)http://www.gimp.org.

It is a free software, hence GNU, and it is an excellent alternative to Photoshop. It has much of the same functionality and should provided you with everything you need to edit images . I have a few friends that use it for their photos. Wikipedia also provides a good overview of it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP

Figured it was worth mentioning.

6. farthing

farthing Junior Member

Two more of my tokens, both from Somersetshire, both from Larry & Jerry.

Bridgewater #86 - not to difficult to find in great condition.
    [​IMG]

Bristol #98 (R) There is a faint curved scribe line on the obverse from 5:30 to the E in SUCCESS where the original strip was planned for cutting.
    [​IMG]

Daniel B likes this.
  7. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Member

Catbert, your token with the hippocamps is beautiful. I've been searching for a nice example for a long time.
    Here's a Hampshire DH 79. I often forget the attribution of my tokens, and have to refer back to the reference library on coinzip to double check. Everyone who is following this thread is invited to post your Conder tokens there as a reference for others, either in an existing thread, or by creating a new one if none already exists.

[​IMG]

chlorinated and Daniel B like this.
  8. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

Thank you, Miss Moonshadow! I like yours too along with the many diverse tokens posted in this thread. I've not bought one in awhile (the prices keep rising fast :(). A tad frustrating!

9. hiho

hiho off to work we go

Richard -

Yes, you have a D&H #458. And a very nice one too.

One of these was on eBay last month and I bid what I could afford. I thought I was bidding in dollars but actually bid in UK pounds.

And I was still outbid! :hammer:

10. hiho

hiho off to work we go

Here's my Hampshire D&H #79...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Almost as nice as Moonshadows.

Daniel B likes this.
  11. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Member

That's a nice one Hiho...and I also like your Pidcocks Lion.
    I have only one Pidcocks token which I will post later. So far I've had no luck winning Pidcocks tokens on ebay, as they always draw a lot of competitive bidding. Even when non-ebay sellers occasionally get them, they sell out quickly.
    Richard, your wanderow is quite nice too! :smile

12. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

[​IMG]

Mine is somewhat more circulated looking than yours.

Daniel B likes this.
  13. Richard Dellar

Er, yes, that was me :hug:

14. Richard Dellar

I just had to post this one, relatively common but one of my favouritex. A trooper of the Loyal Suffolk Yeomanry*, reclining nonchalantly against his horse with one hand on the pommel of his sabre and the other resting on his horse's neck. What a fantastic pose! (*one of hundreds of volunteer units raised in the 1790's because of the threat of invasion from France).

Also, sorry guys, just picked up another Pidcocks off ebay - Middlesex 420 I think.

Richard

Attached Files:

Daniel B likes this.
  15. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Member

Hiho- the photos of your slabbed tokens are really great, and they don't appear to have any glare at all.
    Photographing tokens with reflective surfaces has been a big challenge for me; these photos could have been better. Sometime soon I will photograph them again with the new axial lighting device Larry made. Thanks again Larry.
    ...:hug:
    Here are a couple more. Middlesex DH 345, Kelly's Saddlery

[​IMG]

and Wiltshire DH 3, Holt Mineral Water.

[​IMG]

Daniel B likes this.
  16. farthing

farthing Junior Member

A few more of my tokens - all common ones this time.

Invernesshire Inverness DH 2a
    [​IMG]

Lancastershire Lancaster DH 58 - Daniel Eccleston
    [​IMG]

Suffolk Bury DH 26 - Phillip Deck
    [​IMG]

Daniel B likes this.
  17. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Member

Those are great looking tokens, farthing. There is an amazing amount of detail in the fabric of Eccleston's coat.

18. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's some of mine. They aren't much but they are mine :D

Daniel B likes this.
  19. Duke Kavanaugh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another. Sorry but they are scan's as I can't get pictures right yet but this should at least give you an idea.

Daniel B likes this.
  20. Duke Kavanaugh

21. Duke Kavanaugh

Draft saved Draft deleted