Lets SEE YOUR ALUMINUM WORLD COINS

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by GSDykes, Aug 21, 2015.

1. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

Maybe you ought to show some more respect for your "pile" of world coins! You may be surprised!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Actually, my focus is on Ancients...mainly AR Roman Republic and AR Greek. Generally all BCE.

4. ffrickey

ffrickey Junior Member

I have various aluminum coins, esp. Vichy France, but most of them look like crap. Except this one: Weimar Republic 1922. DE3Mark1922A-KM28.jpg

5. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Thannk you for your kind comment GSDykes.

I've been replying using a smartphone or at a library as mu computer broke a while ago. Therefore I have been out of touch with my site and numismatic related stuff.

The federal reserve 5 fen dated 1943 is the key coin of the entire series. While there is no specific reference, there are strong indications that these were either struck in Japan or struck in China using planchets imported from Japan. While 1943 1 jiao is common and the 1 fen coin is more challenging, it is not known why this 5 fen is scarce. Despite what Krause wants to reckon the value of this coin, I have never seen it gone under four figures!

The Manchukuo coin 1943 1 jiao is supposedly the key date of the entire Manchukuo coinage as well. The likely reason why this is scarce is that due to the war, coins had to be struck with lower aluminum content. This was done with a newer design.

I struggle to post links with this device but if you look at issuu.com and under my username you should be able to see some decent coin albums that I've made.

6. jlblonde

jlblonde Señor Member

Here's a few more:

Hungary - 1 Pengo - 1944
    Hungary - 1 Pengo - 1944.jpg

Hungary - 1 Pengo - 1944 - Holed after WWII
    Hungary - 1 Pengo - 1944 - Holed.jpg

Hungary - 5 Pengo - 1943
    Hungary - 5 Pengo - 1943.jpg

7. jlblonde

jlblonde Señor Member

Italy - 5 Lire - 1950 R
    Italy - 5 Lire - 1950 R.jpg

Vatican City - 2 Lire - 1947
    Vatican City - 2 Lire - 1947.jpg

Poland - 5 Zlotych - 1960
    Poland - 5 Zlotych - 1960.jpg

8. jlblonde

jlblonde Señor Member

Spain - 10 Centimos - 1953
    Spain - 10 Centimos - 1953.jpg

Spain - 50 Centimos - 1973
    Spain - 50 Centimos - 1973.jpg

Spain - 2 Pesetas - 1984
    Spain - 2 Pesetas - 1984.jpg

9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Now, the seminal question...will the USA ever issue aluminum coins?

10. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Well, this is about world coins, and thus does not involve the US. ;) But no, I don't think so. If anything about the range of denominations was changed at all, the lowest one (penny, 1 cent) would simply be phased out.

Christian

Kentucky likes this.
  11. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

Nice Spanish 10 centimos. Most that I see are not nearly as nice! The US Mint has already come out against using aluminum, something about the magnetic properties. duh. And your 5 Pengo, a monster yes?

12. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Collecting aluminum coins by type set can be interesting! There sounds like an album type set. (maybe I should not have suggested it!)

13. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Draft saved Draft deleted