Lets SEE YOUR ALUMINUM WORLD COINS

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by GSDykes, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

French Indochina/Vietnam. 1945 french indochina 10 centimes.jpg 1953 vietnam 20 su.jpg 1953 vietnam 50 xu.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

Great to see a graded sample, 1950, Morocco. Ø 25 mm. So 65 years ago 23 million were minted in Paris France, not many survived the 65 years as well as this one! Nice coin.

4. Hiddendragon

Tunisia, Uruguay and Turkey. 1960 tunisia 2 millims.jpg 1965 uruguay 50 centesimos.jpg 1981 turkey 10 lira.jpg

5. GSDykes

6. Hiddendragon

A year or two ago my brother in law's mother in law inherited a bunch of coins from her dad and she asked me to sell them for her. There were at least 10 each of the Vietnam 50 xu and 20 su, all in a condition like this. I kept one for myself and sold the rest for her. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to pick them up cheap like that.

7. jlblonde

jlblonde Señor Member

8. jlblonde

jlblonde Señor Member

China (Mainland Republic) - 1 Cent - 1940
    China (Mainland Republic) - 1 Cent - 1940.jpg

China (Mainland Republic) - 5 Cents - 1940
    China (Mainland Republic) - 5 Cents - 1940.jpg

Taiwan - 1 Chiao - 1955
    Taiwan - 1 Chiao - 1955.jpg

Taiwan - 1 Chiao - 1967
    Taiwan - 1 Chiao - 1967.jpg

Taiwan - 2 Chiao - 1950
    Taiwan - 2 Chiao - 1950.jpg

chrisild, paddyman98, GSDykes and 2 others like this.
  9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Here are some Japanese one and ten Yen coins: Japan Front.JPG Japan Back.JPG
    A couple my daughter brought me from Belize: Belize 1.JPG Belize 2.JPG
    And to give you a giggle:
    Littleton.JPG Tunesia Tree.JPG Tunesia.JPG

chrisild, paddyman98, GSDykes and 3 others like this.
  10. GSDykes

11. GSDykes

So that Littleton offer seems to be about .25 cents per coin, in apparently uncirculated condition. One might in some instances still find such bargains, but normally these uncirculated specimens go for a bit more:

Tun_1.jpg

12. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Different symbols here: The eagle with a mural crown, a hammer and a sickle - representing the bourgeoisie (not in a negative sense of course), the industrial workers and the farmers - was introduced at the beginning of the First Republic, in 1919. In the years of the Austrofascist regime (Ständestaat 1934-38) and after the Anschluss, such symbols were not used.

In 1945 the republican eagle came back - this time with the broken chains added as a symbol of the liberation. These days Austria does not really use the eagle on coins any more, except for occasional collector pieces ...

Christian

GSDykes likes this.
  13. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I picked most of these up yesterday at a local flea market. I have not ID'd them yet but I'm sure some of them speak for themselves with the date and language. Enjoy.
    alumobv.jpg alumrev.jpg

GSDykes and chrisild like this.
  14. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

I have seen these late-1990s 1 Won coins in NGC slabs at online SK venues. They usually sell for around $200. I haven't seen one for a while, though. Those 1 Won and 5 Won coins number only 15,000.

15. Hiddendragon

I noticed no one has posted any Italian coins yet. I especially like the ones from just after World War II. Here are 1 and 2 lira/lire coins. 1948 italy 1 lira.jpg 1948 italy 2 lire.jpg 1969 italy 2 lire.jpg 1970 italy 1 lira.jpg

16. Hiddendragon

Here are the 5 and 10 lire. 1948 italy 5 lire.jpg 1948 italy 10 lire.jpg 1953 italy 5 lire.jpg 1971 italy 10 lire.jpg

17. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

18. sonlarson

19. sonlarson

German States

german states alum.jpg

GSDykes, jlblonde and chrisild like this.
  20. sonlarson

France
    france alum.jpg

Dave M and GSDykes like this.
  21. GSDykes

Very nice pick up!

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted