Lets see some twenty cent pieces!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by gbroke, Aug 31, 2011.

1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Close, XF40.

Check is in the mail, so I think I can safely post this:

1875 S 20C TWENTY CENT PCGS XF40 18132499 CAC Obv Slab HA med.jpg

1875 S 20C TWENTY CENT PCGS XF40 18132499 CAC Rev Slab HA med.jpg

4. usc96

usc96 Junior Member

Eventually I will get one of these for my certified type set, but whenever I look, all I can find are expensive (when compared to the cost of similar aged dimes and quarters) 1875 S examples. Inevitably, when I do find a nice example with a different date or mint mark, the coin is always prohibitively expensive.

5. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

Yeah, the P mints and the 1 collectible CC mint will run a significant premium. I would hold out for a really attractive 75-s. A truly original
    example in XF/AU would be something to be proud of as so many have been messed with. MS? the skies the limit!

6. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I was looking for just the right 20 cent for my type set I had an ok and original 1875-s in vf 20 cac but wanted something better here's what I upgraded to

7. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Nice one Bill, I like the look!
    You don't happen to have that vf one laying around still by chance? I need one for my set.

8. Mainebill

9. MadMartigan

MadMartigan Active Member

This is on my soon to buy list it's one of the 12 coins I need for my 7070. Haven't bought it yet as I want to get a nice example and I'll need to take several weeks of coin budget for that.

10. ksparrow

Very nice 76-P Mainebill! Now that's what original undipped 19thc. silver is supposed to look like! (Morgan dollars excepted of course)

Mainebill likes this.
  11. Mainebill

And that is exactly what I love I'm a huge fan of toning and original color if anyone here didn't already know that :) The 1875-s I upgraded had similar color

12. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

13. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

14. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

LOL, I've never noticed that before. She's frightened that some politician will pull the plug on the series after only four years.

Mainebill and treylxapi47 like this.
  15. Mainebill

Very funny! I never noticed it either!

16. ksparrow

I always thought that Liberty's face on the 20c looked like a gopher... now a gopher that just locked eyes with with a predator!
    (great looking proof btw all jokes aside!)

treylxapi47 likes this.
  17. SSG_Gonzo

SSG_Gonzo Well-Known Member

Here is mine. Well worn with some toning and the usual S/S mint mark.
    20c Piece.jpg

dwhiz, geekpryde and Mainebill like this.
  18. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Sorry, folks, but I always hated that reverse.

The eagle looks like he/she has a hernia or something.

Ugly reverse--

to me.

19. fiddlehead

fiddlehead Well-Known Member

Here's the twenty cent piece from my CC "one of each type" collection. All of the silver coins in this collection are raw, so most are likely cleaned or whatever, but they're fun to look at and you can take them out of the airtights and hold 'em in your hand if you want to. On this one there is a faint shadow of "liberty" that you can't see in this picture. 1875 CC Twenty Cent Piece -front2.jpg 1875 CC Twenty Cent Piece -reverse 1.jpg

dwhiz, EdGs, Coin-Dude and 2 others like this.
  20. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

I posted this in the "new purchases" thread a couple months ago, but I think these are nicer pictures. Here's my only 20 Cent!
    DSCF9134.JPG DSCF9136.JPG

dwhiz, fiddlehead, EdGs and 5 others like this.
  21. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I pictured both 20 cent(avos) pieces made and designed by the United States Mint. One from the San Francisco Mint, the other from Philadelphia. P1010078.JPG P1010083.JPG P1010254.JPG P1010263.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted