lets Make this 1959 Lincoln Cent Class 7 easy

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bobs Tavern Arm, Jun 15, 2019.

1. my last 3 postings where too spotty, by the time someone saw all the requirements were there, things were said.... then corrected.

Yes the obverse proves a doubled hubbing on all 3, some just have a better die pressing. The modification to the tops of STATES-S on all 3 were done on a hub to where the mint would not have to create a new one just for the modification, UNITED shows it’s a hub that was not going to be used. WHAT ABOUT WHEN PCGS GRADES THEM GENUINE?

The Official Black Book was accepted in its statement about the mint using an unusable die for a modification, so the mint wouldn’t have waste a whole new one just for the modification. Also Error-Ref.Com which talks of “if an errant design part is not ground off all the way (STATES-S) it will leave an impression on every coin the die strikes.
    B1F1ECF0-B2C0-465B-A5F1-C0458FBD1C66.jpeg 731008FA-8F1F-4E78-9D8D-A43F25E45139.jpeg F84120FC-A479-4B83-B156-F21946B13FB2.jpeg ECE5C083-4E26-4123-8491-815906649A64.jpeg B3BDCB1B-4A2B-46AD-8462-1E70C22E7919.jpeg
    782BB606-E7CC-4F99-A9A8-F7AA0DD7C673.jpeg 3BE7CD8E-0837-40ED-A776-10E79554D1D5.jpeg D227388F-740A-4EB3-B573-2052776ECF9A.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Who knows how many were initially made? The error though is easier to catch than most due to a bright, obvious UNITED.... So it’s MORE likely they were caught before release.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Can you provide the section of error-ref that states this? Or the link to the page?
    Your Cent looks normal to me.

wxcoin, MommaHenn and R_rabbit like this.
  5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

They would grade the cent you posted as a normal cent.

wxcoin and MommaHenn like this.
  6. POKÉMON - FRENCH FRIES
    (I thought you guys could read... I’m so proud of you)

All we know is there is an acceptable reservation for a Class 7 Modified Hub Doubled Die in Numismatics when we find an obsolete disregarded Hub with the remaining removal doubling from the former hub.... because the US Mint will not waste illogically a whole two new hubs to remove a part of a design. That is golden numismatic fact. THE S picture above......take my hand......... look at what was once an upper S Arm in front of the big S. (Yes almost like Big Bird)

7. I

You don’t know what Class 7 Modified Hub Doubled Die is? WIKIPEDIA IT.
    You mean about how a remaining image removed on the first hubbing, if not removed entirely, will show on the second hubbing?
    I’m sure you’d take this time to try to improve your image here... to show humility in front of your peers and ask a question... But know if I didn’t point out your erroneous attempt at mocking, would you say there was enough integral value to be mentioned with? Anyway it’s a mismatched die (MULE) part 3 Die Errors. Die Installation Error. But also a Pattern Die due to progressions testing what proof die properties would work out as when introducing a new reverse letter system, from a wheat cent.

8. Wanderingbark116

Wanderingbark116 Active Member

Listen up. @paddyman98 is one of the most experienced, well versed people I've had the pleasure of learning from on here. He asked you a simple question that contained no trace of mocking or superiority. You've been spamming the boards with self righteous nonsense all night and insulting people. Why are you on here if you don't want to hear other people's opinions? You obviously are very firm in whatever wacky idea you have in your head. Did you come here expecting some kind of hero's parade? And leave Mike Diamond alone. If you believe you have discovered a new variety, find the instructions for submission, pay the examination fees, and send them out for verification just like everyone else.

9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Well said wandering Bark.
    I am just trying to figure out why he wants to talk to Mikes ARM?

10. Wanderingbark116

Right? It's been driving me crazy all night. What the hell does that even mean? And ketchup? And pokemon French fries? I'm low key worried this guy might have had a stroke or something.

Mernskeeter likes this.
  11. Pickin and Grinin

I hope he didn't but if that's a sign then my bad. Either way the few fries short of a happy meal comes to mind.

Wanderingbark116 likes this.
  12. Wanderingbark116

It just seems like a step up from normal trolling. He seems sincere. Which makes it nuttier. But either way he is for sure a few fries short.

Kasia, Mountain Man and Santinidollar like this.
  13. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

473FA1AE-4CD6-4F57-8442-CE7AB8680FED.gif

wxcoin likes this.
  14. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

15. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

16. Wanderingbark116

That poem makes much more sense than this post!

17. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

MommaHenn likes this.
  18. Wanderingbark116

He won't send it out. He probably thinks he's smarter than the experts and will store this experience away to rant about later.

MommaHenn likes this.
  19. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Normal in every way possible.

MommaHenn likes this.
  20. But it does.... how else do you think the outline is there if there was not once that design?

21. Pickin and Grinin

There are plenty of reasons but you think you know it all so who cares?

Draft saved Draft deleted