Let the wife do it!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Wizank, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

I was frustrated trying to find 50 cent rolls at the banks and expressed this to my wife, so she took it upon herself to ask at her bank and brought home two rolls. Each one had silver, including a 90%. Next she asked for some quarter rolls, and got some hand rolled ones, I was going to explain to her that they were probably from another collector and worthless, when I found one silver and two "w" quarters. Now I owe her dinner and a Hallmark movie.

TexAg, Kentucky, Arkos and 8 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Tis the season for Hallmark movies.

4. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

index copy.jpg

My wife has pulled my butt out of the fire with coins and other stuff more then once over the years! ;)

TexAg, Stevearino and Collecting Nut like this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

So, when wifey says she needs a new car, what are you going to say?:shame:

Chris:rolleyes:

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

My wife lets me do my own thing--without complaining--so I have nothing to be concerned about. :)

7. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Want me to fix that for ya?

8. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Wife got me a car for Christmas one year, a 1951 Pontiac. And, her mother got me a set of luggage. Still haven't figured out any message there.

9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

My first car was a 1965 Catalina. Sure do miss that "chick" car. So much room and only $250.00. I lost my innocence in that car.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  10. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

My 1st car, gifted by my father, after I managed to get through my freshman year at UT Austin in 1965, was a black 1947 Chevy coupe.
    Dad had located it in a local lady’s garage with only 16,000 miles on her......the car, not the lady.
    She had purchased it for her son when he returned from the service and he had wrecked the front end, leaving it in her garage until dad bought it for $100. He repaid the damage for another $100...& bob’s Your uncle!
    I really drove the wheels off of that straight-6!
    J.T.

11. Collecting Nut

Nah, when it comes to coins it works for me. :)

12. Collecting Nut

My wife lets me do my own thing with coins. She teases me about spending them when I die. Lol. I'm trying to get it all on the computer so she will have a better idea what to do with them. At least we don't argue about it. Lol

Wizank likes this.
  13. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

My wife encourages me to get more boxes, especially when I find silver. Then she complains about all the miles I put on her car, lol. It’s a new Avalon Hybrid. We drove it to CA because it gets awesome MPG.

Draft saved Draft deleted