Less common Ike dollars.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Morgandude11, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Normally, Ike dollars are pretty common, in all but the very few certified MS and PF70 grades. However, another grade combination is far less than common—not rare, but certainly somewhat exclusive, and low population. That is the NGC 69 * cameo, and 69 *ucam coins. They are generally quite attractive for the series, and don’t show up often. Over the holiday weekend, I picked up 2 of them. They are in the mail, and these are seller’s mediocre pictures. However, they tend to be unusually nice for what tends to be an ordinary series. I managed to pick them up for about 1/2 the normal price, as it was a slow weekend for auctions.

IMG_0247.jpeg IMG_0245.jpeg IMG_0246.jpeg

Dynoking, alurid, 1stSgt22 and 8 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dima

Dima Member

Neato!! Always felt like this series was under appreciated. I'd be curious to see a photo of this bad boy side by side with a run of the mill proof Ike.

I assembled a PCGS PR69DCAM basic Ike set back in 2012 -- one of my first ventures into in PCGS Set Registry. I like the series, especially haze-free, clean specimens like the one you've got.

The one interesting variety in the series I was never able to get my hands on is the 1971-S Type 1 Reverse. Never even seen one at a show or at auction now that I think about it...

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1971-s-1-type-reverse-silver-dcam/518389

Morgandude11 likes this.
  4. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

No doubt those stars are hard to come by... I've had to settle for PR69dcam for most of mine :D I thought this one rated a star but no :D
    4290445_Full_Obv.jpg 4290445_Full_Rev.jpg

Chris B likes this.
  5. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

Well pcgs don't use a star grade. Just ngc

Morgandude11 and Jeffjay like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted