Featured Learn About Die Doubling...

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by jtwax, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Joe Lopez

Joe Lopez New Member

I can send pictures thxs

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Joe Lopez

Joe Lopez New Member

What is the question?

4. TOMBOY1975

TOMBOY1975 New Member

5. Jccc

Jccc Member

1993 just received as change...strange reverse 20200404_231853.jpg 20200404_231914.jpg

6. Jccc

Jccc Member

Any thoughts??
    No expert at all. But never seen a coin like it. I know is in bad shape, but the reverse is weird!

7. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

Hello, it is usually best to start your own thread rather than jump on another one. Your coin appears to be damaged with some glue residue on the reverse.

8. Jccc

Jccc Member

Sorry.....newbe still. Thanks.

9. Glenn Attalla

Glenn Attalla Member

1919-s ddr? The 1919-p has similar doubling. This legit hub or machine doubling?

Attached Files:

10. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

The photos aren't clear enough, but the way the R looks makes me think die deterioration doubling. Can you provide sharper images? Do you own a 10x loupe?

11. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Die deterioration

12. Jinx1030

Jinx1030 New Member

Thank you for all of the valuable information

13. TrailWalker

TrailWalker New Member

Thank you, refinding the reason to right my tone of starting is just as important as the coins.

14. Kent carroll

Kent carroll New Member

I am new to this site just looking for somebody and maybe give me some answers I don't know a lot about coins I am starting to get interested I have a small collection long story short take a look at this and see what you think I don't know if there's an error or you're something happen after manufacturing.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/KWGRH7MajeyJqowz8

15. Kent carroll

Kent carroll New Member

I am new to this site just looking for somebody and maybe give me some answers I don't know a lot about coins I am starting to get interested I have a small collection long story short take a look at this and see what you think I don't know if there's an error or you're something happen after manufacturing.

16. Kent carroll

Kent carroll New Member

17. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to CT @Kent carroll. This is a five year old post and it is considered impolite to "hijack" someone else's thread. Start a thread of your own and you'll get better responses. When you upload your photos, click on the "Full Image" button so your photos post as full size. Alway post full obverse and reverse, cropped to removed distracting background, make sure the photo is in focus and correctly orientated with good lighting, and only then post closeups of areas you are asking questions about. Good luck in the future.

18. William Brown

William Brown New Member

19. William Brown

William Brown New Member

20. William Brown

William Brown New Member

21. Coin Obsessed

Coin Obsessed Active Member

I believe that you have double dies!

Draft saved Draft deleted