LCS Trades

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Silvergmen, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Silvergmen

Silvergmen SILVER & MORGAN Obsessed

I have found a great local coin shop and have been trading some of my silver billion to try to complete my Morgan collection. Anyone else have an LCS they trade with and anyone selling silver or gold while it’s up to upgrade or complete a coin collection?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Here is a post. Haven't been to an LCS in years to buy, only to sell. OK members add a few posts.

4. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

2nd.gif to respond. I haven't been in a coin shop in over 25 years . . . .

Z

5. Silvergmen

Wow that’s a long time, why?

6. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Life, generally speaking.

Time is winding down at this stage. I'm her to learn as I disburse. No one in the lineage has an interest.

Figure I would have fun parting with it and not leave the burden to my survivors.

Z

PlanoSteve and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  7. Silvergmen

my kids have a slight interest, but they are young. I hope to see it increase over time. If not, I’m giving them instructions to put my amazing Morgan collection (well...it sill be awesome eventually) in my casket.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I too have a great LCS. I am a buyer. Never been a seller. That will be my kids and grandkids problem once I leave the party. My dealer is a buddy and he knows I am well stocked. He has prodded me a time or two and asked if I was ready to make some money on my stuff. I plan to hold unless some unforeseen catastrophe hits. Of course PM’a will probably have tanked when that happens!

9. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

When you say "trade" do you mean "will you give me that coin in exchange for this coin"?...

or do you mean "will you take this coin & $XX.xx for that coin"?

There's a big difference. I have offered coins in a partial trade, but you must realize that an LCS is not in the business to trade coins. (I can see them doing it occasionally if it's something they really want, or to create "goodwill". But generally speaking, some amount of cash should be exchanged in the transaction. Goodwill works in both directions.)

Exceptions?...sure there are, but unless you're offering a dynomite deal on a straight up trade,....

JMO :happy:;)

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  10. Silvergmen

I said trade silver bullion for coins, which I do believe they are very interested in. But it’s cool you have done some partial trades which I have also done. I love it, makes me think of how life used to work when bartering was more prevalent.

PlanoSteve and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  11. Silvergmen

I just made another trade this weekend! Traded $10 FV 90% quarters and 10 generic 1 oz rounds for 5 nice Morgans i needed for my collection. Im up to 38 coins total...only 60 to go to complete set lol i guess its really 59 coins since getting one of the 1895 proof only coins is likely only a dream.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted