LCS Pickups #8 | A Coin Store in Mexico???

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by YoloBagels, Jul 3, 2021.

1. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

In case you haven't been following with my instagram page, I have been in Mexico City for a few days while visiting family and other places.

Today we decided to go to a market where they mainly sell souvenirs. However, one of the stands in there was actually a coin store! I honestly didn't expect to see anything like this on the trip, so I was excited to go.

Screenshot_20210703-220952_Photos.jpg

They strictly sold Mexican coins, consisting of cob reales, pillar and portrait reales, first republic reales, and others. They also had piles of 1910's-1950's coins ranging from 2-5 pesos each (basically a few cents in USD). All of the older silver coins were improperly cleaned, sadly :( (but still fairly priced!)

Unfortunately, they only took cash, which I didn't have much of because my parents have been "borrowing" mine for a few days. But I still managed to get some really nice coins.

Anyways, here's what I got. Ill go back for more sometime later during the trip.

1862 Guanajuato 1/2 reale, XF Details, improperly cleaned. Already had one in basal state for my type set, but this one is MUCH nicer, even though it's cleaned.

4535454.png

1851 Guanajuato 4 reales, old eagle, F Details - Improperly cleaned & graffiti. Another hole filler.

655664.png

Three 1940's 50 centavos, all in nice MS condition. They had quite a few of these but I cherrypicked the nicest. They all have that frosty semi-PL look that this era is known for.

15654.png

Last are two frosty PL Olympic 25 pesos. Couldn't get good pictures.

5621894.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tigermoth1

Tigermoth1 Active Member

Koooooolllll!!!!

4. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Very nice, but don't you hate it when parents borrow your cash while on vacation? In my experience, you'll be lucky if they even pay you back within the next few weeks. Anyways, if you're ever willing to sell any of the 50 centavo coins, just let me know; I'd love to get one for my typeset.

YoloBagels likes this.
  5. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

My parents helped me out a bit but in total we only had like 800 pesos ($40). Went back and took a couple thousand out of my account but by the time we came back they were closed.

I'll try to get more of them when we go back after Acapulco. Can't sell anything right now but when I get back from MX we can talk.

6. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Sounds good. Have a good remainder of your trip.

YoloBagels likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted